Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://wordpress.org/support/forum/mobile/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
View the Privacy Notice for California Users at https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa.
Buckle up, this update’s a doozy. Let’s start with Site Media.
- We updated the Site Media screen design with better menus, file selection and sharing, and more. It even runs faster—no more jerky GIFs or stalled-out videos.
- You can use the pan gesture to select multiple media files at once. It’s also easier to swipe from one photo to another, change metadata, and delete items.
- On iPad, you can switch between square image previews and aspect ratio.
- We fixed issues with blank placeholder images, incorrect messages, document sharing, and occasional crashes.
We’re not done yet. We also made big changes to Posts & Pages.
- The Posts & Pages screen got a facelift with clean, simple display options.
- Use more advanced search features, like author and tag filters, to find the content you’d like to edit. Search also works across all authors (unless, of course, you want content from one specific person.)
- Use swipe actions to view, share, or delete posts and pages. Sweet.
- The context menu now lets you access comments, settings, and other actions for a post or page.
- We fixed issues with page refreshes and visibility, as well as a handful of crashes.
Finally, we fixed a handful of pesky problems across the app.
- The app now recognizes when you’ve finished uploading a GIF. (monty-burns-excellent.gif)
- “Hidden” posts now have a better description for their privacy status.
- The reader now scrolls to the top when you tap the status bar. Up, up, and away.
- The Menus screen properly creates menu items based on top-level pages.
- We fixed a crash related to using text colors in older site themes.
- You shouldn’t run into any errors when you paste deeply nested content. Much like onions, ogres, cakes, or parfaits, your content can have many layers.
Ratings and Reviews
Recent updates are amazing
Thank you for the recent updates!!! I actually think it’s easier to use than the website- which is great but I hope the website also gets better and Wordpress doesn’t become an app only thing...for longer posts I love to use my laptop and the web version because it easier to type a long post, but right now id rather type it on a google doc or something and copy and paste on my phone using the app. It’s very user friendly and the interface has been updated so much- it’s finally worthy of using and enjoying it. Before, the app looked so outdated and had limited capabilities- it’s finally been updated so you can virtually do anything you can online using your phone. I had some trouble uploading images but I believe this was an issue with a plugin and it was fixed. Sometimes the publish button doesn’t work properly and I have to save as a draft and go to my computer to publish, but I’m confident that has been fixed with the newest update (just downloaded so fingers crossed). Thank you sooo much for finally giving the app the attention it deserves!! Especially for the many creatives who use Wordpress, it’s important to be able to create and update our pages and posts on the go when we are inspired. So many times I have ideas that get written down in my phone notes and they never get turned into posts like i planned to- now I can open it up and make sure it gets done the minute I’m inspired. Thanks again!
Great site to make your website but..
I previously used this app before and it was a great app was easy to use with plenty of ways to customize your website to your liking. Especially with the plethora of plugins to further customize it!! Now I would give this a 5 star if they added the monthly subscription again. Yes there was a monthly subscription for the plans instead of yearly. For the business plan was around $33 which I think it’s $15 now but it doesn’t show the option to opt for monthly anymore. Now I had to stop my subscription before due to life n stuff. Was trying to get back at it again especially saw that the stuff I had made before with the business plan can still be used if I continue the subscription!! Well anyway hopefully the monthly option gets added again. And yes I checked my billing history and clearly shows I was billed for $33 monthly.
Yes, it’s a mobile app, and ten years ago that would have justified its limited functionality and beta-like business, but not any more. The phone I use today has twice the computing power of the desktop computer I had when I first used WordPress. There’s simply no reason a Mobile app doesn’t have the same options I can get access to through a desktop computer. Add to that it’s inability to communicate properly with the desktop site (like how it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop) and it’s annoying built in bugs (it’s actually designed to pick up already used tags only after you type at least two letters (really? If I have to remember at least the first two letters then I’m actually forced to memorize them all... so what’s the point?).
I suggest the top brass as WordPress use only this app for all their publishing needs for the next month. I’m certain we’d see some improvements. Until then I’ll just fumble through this as best I can going back and forth between app and desktop because, frankly, the website isn’t exactly mobile friendly. But then, neither is the mobile app.
Developer Response ,
> it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop
This should not be happening. It sounds like you might have setup the Jetpack at some point in the past and now it's not syncing correctly in the app either because of a change to the plugin (was it removed?) or it might be another plugin conflict or server-side issue. We'd love to get more detail about your specific case to see if there's anything we can do to help. Please consider contacting support using the form on the Profile > Help & Support page in the app to continue the discussion.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automattic, Inc.
- 205.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Automattic Inc.