Emphasis - Focus Timer 4+
Level up your productivity
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Elevate your productivity and unlock the flow state using Emphasis, a timer that helps you prevent burnout and optimize your time. Transform the way you work with time on your side.
It's really simple to use:
1. Define your tasks at hand, make a task list.
2. Define a block of time during which you will eliminate all distractions and give all your focus to your tasks. Start the timer and work.
3. Take frequent breaks. Regular breaks are conducive to greater productivity and concentration. During these breaks take a breath of fresh air, do some push-ups, stretch, or anything else that helps you to restore your power. Your body will thank you.
4. Repeat this work/break cycle and take longer breaks when you feel you need to.
• Detailed productivity insights for better understanding of your work patterns
• Adjustable timers for focus sessions, short breaks, and long breaks
• Daily goal setting to keep you on track
• Customizable color themes for a personalized experience
• Multiple timer types to suit your preferences
• Variety of notification sounds to choose from
• Auto-start feature for seamless transitions between breaks and focus sessions
Emphasis offers auto-renewing subscription:
• $44.99 billed annually
The total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewals may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account settings. Any unused portion of free trial is forfeited after purchase. Special introductory offers only apply to first billing term.
These prices are in US Dollars (USD). Pricing in other currencies and countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
• Terms of service: http://bit.ly/3vgSswK
* Minor copy changes
Ratings and Reviews
The graphic timer was a game changer
I’ve used several apps that apply the pomodoro technique, each with great success. But I’ve found this app to boost my productivity like never before. The boost in productivity has unexpectedly come from the timer being a graphic representation as opposed to the numerical representation common among most productivity apps. I noticed with the graphic timer I look at the timer a lot less and focus more on the work I’m doing. This could be because rather than thinking “Oh I have 5:32 left on the clock” (which I do often with numerical countdown timers) I see an estimate visually represented by a pie graphic and I think “There is still time left, so just keep working.” This “so just keep working” default that has come from not knowing the amount of time left down to the last second has helped me “just keep working” which was my objective in using the app. Couple this graphic timer with the simple progress tracker and minimalist user interface, this app has given me tremendous value in regard to productivity, especially as I continue working on my dissertation.
Used for a month and already improvement.
[Background info, feel free to skip:
• I am a 15 year old girl
• I use the timer for school homework, reading and taking notes on self improvement and psychology related books, learning a 2nd language, and sometimes singing
• I have only really used the pomodoro timer so far
It has already helped me to get a lot more work done, in fact, I’m using the timer right now.
One thing I was hesitant at first about the pomodoro technique was the 5 minute breaks that occur after every 25 minute session. At first I thought they were disruptive to my flow, but I’ve come to realize they prevent overly long breaks and burnout. Think of it this way — lets say it’s been a few hours after lunch and a person starts to feel a tad hungry. They may hold off on eating, thinking they’re avoiding unnecessary calories, but then they end up overeating when they finally do allow themselves to because of the intense hunger. Meanwhile they could have simply had a moderate meal earlier and be just as full.
I highly suggest this technique to anyone, and this timer is perfect for it.
I also appreciate its simple but still pleasant layout, the choice of different colors, and how all of the sessions and breaks (long & short) are customizable in both duration and amount.
I have been using this timer for over a year. It has helped immensely with my productivity, as I use it to time my “animedoro” sessions. The interface is clean and easy to use. The design is pretty, and having the timer not use the exact minutes left is a great feature so it doesn’t feel like I’m just counting down the minutes until my break.
However, I have been steadily running into the same issue. I will start a work session, and the session will end without a notification or ding if I'm in another app despite me having both my sound and notifications on. I have it on my iPad, where I also take my notes at the same time, so it is possible this may be causing issues. Another problem I have is that I will finish a work session, and it will have me start another work session by pressing the timer, instead of starting my short break. Often times, I do not notice that it has changed and will accidentally start a new work session when I mean to be on a break.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aleksandr Fiodorov
- 54.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Fiodorov
- In-App Purchases
- Emphasis Premium Subscription $7.99
- Emphasis Premium Subscription $3.49
- Emphasis Premium Subscription $59.99