WB MacroStats to Go is an app that provides a combination of innovation, simplicity and portability which truly makes economic information available at your fingertips. The app draws from the Bank Group’s Open Data initiative and has been specifically designed for mobile platforms (iPhone, iPad, Android devices) to present macroeconomic information in a new way. It features a visual and dynamic representation of the data you need. The app presents all the key macroeconomic indicators (ranging from gross domestic product structure to fiscal, balance of payments or poverty data) to provide users with the ability to quickly analyze, categorize, compare, and track any country in the world.
There are four distinguished features that add value to the World Bank’s current product portfolio:
• WB MacroStats combines data access on the go with an appealing visual analysis. The app was exclusively designed for mobile platforms, and it features dynamic bubble charts and customizable tables that can be easily exported by the user. • WB MacroStats uses a simple algorithm with two customizable criteria (per default, GDP per capita and population) and adjustable weights that allows for the automatic selection of peer countries.
• The app is automatically populated with the latest data available by connecting to the World Development Indicators API. Once the data is loaded to the app, no internet connection is needed.
• In addition, the app provides the user with up-to-date World Bank projections for key economic variables such as GDP growth and Current Account Deficits.
- Sharing content in Social Networks option implemented.
- Chinese and French language options included
- Minor issues fixed
Ratings and Reviews
The mother of all Apps - macro stats at your fingertips
Great App. I use it when traveling to a country or to benchmark countries in a region or among peer groups (e.g. emerging countries, rich countries). I love the “dynamic” function which shows in bubbles how fast countries grow or slow down using several macro variables among them gdp size, gdp growth, population, etc. Great job.
An incredibly splendid app.
Sideways and way too many buttons. Good data but nothing but a headache to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.