Put your anxiety & stress into perspective!
Track your anxious thought patterns with Worry Watch app, picked as one of the best anxiety apps consecutively for past 4 years by Healthline.com.
“If you find worry consuming your day and leading to anxiety, the Worry Watch app may help - Kate Bayless, LiveStrong.com”
“Worry Watch helps sufferers cope with their fears by literally proving things aren’t as bad as they seem - Mario McKellop, WebPsychology.com”
“(Worry Watch app) has been lauded as a really logical approach to anxiety - Lyndsey Gilpin, TechRepublic.com”
“For individuals with chronic worry, anticipatory anxiety, and GAD, this app gives a simple self-monitoring and documenting of worry - Lucielle Campanero, HealthAim.com”
“This is also helpful to share with your Cognitive Behavioral Therapist as this gives him/her the opportunity to review worries throughout the day that sometimes cannot be expressed on a weekly basis - Dr. Liz Matheis, Ph.D. , Anxiety.org”
About the app:
Often we worry and get anxious about everyday things. Later we realize most of those worries were unnecessary and some irrational too. Yet, we worry again for something else.
Worry Watch app is designed to capture and reflect on those momentary self-realizations. By logging ‘what might happen’ perception from day one and tracking it to ‘what did happen’ reality, we may get a deeper understanding of our worry / anxiety patterns. Such an understanding may help us challenge our negative perceptions and change our future thought patterns in a positive way.
How to use the app:
1. Record: Write down what is bothering you and set a reminder to revisit it later.
2. Reflect: Once past the worry, note whether the outcome was as bad as worried.
3. Reason: Logically analyze your thought patterns with the help of charts & statistics.
4. Realize: Based on your own statistics, realize that your worries may be mostly unfounded.
5. Refute: Help your self by challenging your worry perception when you tend to be anxious again.
Below are some of the common mind traps / negative thinking habits, also known as cognitive distortions that may cause anxiety, which the app helps to capture:
1. All Or Nothing: Thinking in extremes without considering all the possibilities
2. Compulsive: Thinking in terms of should / must
3. Filtering: Ignoring/Minimizing the positives and focusing only on the negatives
4. Fortune Telling: Assuming a negative outcome without considering all the facts
5. Labeling: Judging / jumping to conclusions about self or others
6. Magnifying: Exaggerating things out of proportion
7. Mind Reading: Assuming that others are having negative opinion of self
8. Generalization: Assuming that if happened once it will happen every time
9. Perfectionist: Unwilling to accept anything less than the best
10. Personalizing: Taking things personally, blaming self for everything
Other features of the app:
1. With daily & weekly reminders set aside time to clear your mind
2. Backup, restore or delete data using iCloud sync
3. Export data as pdf, text file or comma separated values (CSV) file
4. Print, message or email the report
5. Protect the journal using Face ID or Touch ID or passcode
6. Use calendar as anxiety streaks tracker
7. Add inspiring quotes
8. Find entries quickly using advanced search filters
9. Personalize the app with
- 15 beautiful themes
- 72 elegant fonts
- custom contexts, scenarios, cognitive biases and outcome Icons& colors
- any day as preferred start day of week
10. Works offline, no internet connection needed except during iCloud sync
11. Universal app
12. Family share enabled
Note: Worry Watch app is not intended to substitute or replace professional medical advice or treatment of your physician or therapist. If you have a medical condition or health concern you should always consult with a physician or other qualified health care professional.
Break the anxiety streaks!
Ratings and Reviews
Provides great perspective
I’ve always spent a lot of time and energy worrying about things that may or may not actually happen, and if they do, may or may not end up as bad as I feared. Using this app has allowed me to verbalize my fears, categorize them, and reflect back on them. In doing so, I’m able to identify unnecessary worry more quickly when something similar occurs. I like to use the notes section of each event to spill all my thoughts, set a reminder to revisit the event, and (as much as possible) just forget about it until then. Because I verbalized all my thoughts and worries, I’m able to obsess over them less on a daily basis. And when I revisit it, it’s almost always not as bad as I had thought it would be.
Customer service is also fantastic. They are quick to respond to questions and very receptive to suggestions.
Write it down and walk away
This is a fantastic app that helps me get my anxieties out and find some relief. I worry about the most random things and can never seem to let them go until the outcome has arrived. This adds a lot whole lot of additional stress in my life I don’t need.
With this app, I’m able to write down my worry, set a reminder, and walk away from worrying about it. After I write it down, I feel so much better and 80% of the time I can drop whatever it is I’m worrying about, knowing the reminder will alert me to record the outcome. I feel that the more I use it, the more I will be able to rid my mind of my worry once written down and bring that 80% to 100%.
I love seeing the percentages of the outcomes and realizing that what worries me is usually never as bad as I had thought.
This is incredible. I cannot wait to use it more. I am having a high anxiety day today, I made 5 different entries, 3 of which have resolved and I was able to click no. Thank goodness lol.
However, it would be nice if on the list of worries that it showed what they are marked as (yes, no...). Or checkmark on the side showing you have already marked the item.
- Akilan Rajendran
- 11.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Akilan Rajendran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.