Chief Meteorologist Stephen Cropper and Severe Weather Team 11 power Pittsburgh's best weather tool. The WPXI Severe Weather 11 app gives you everything you need to stay on top of western Pennsylvania's constantly changing weather conditions. This free 24/7 app not only makes available Pittsburgh's most accurate forecast but allows users to get interactive with many of the resources available in Severe Weather Center 11.
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches Live Storm Tracker Doppler 11 and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
Thanks for the feedback. Live video streaming is now included at the bottom of the home screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Much more cumbersome
The radar used to be so easy to see and the tools self-explanatory. The new app radar is cumbersome and I still can’t figure out some of the tools. We live above I80 so would add/subtract a few degrees to the forecast and just use the radar. I wish they would have just kept it simple! 😫 Deleting this one and trying another.
This is the weather app to have in Pittsburgh Metro Area
Completely love this app. Especially the feature of past and future radar for rain and storms. You have the ability to even slide the radar loop to see specific times. Also if you have it set up right the phone does a little vibrate when it hits current time. Love it remembers you areas of choice and the lighting feature. Plus you don’t have to download the entire station app to get the weather app. Unlike other local stations who discounted their weather app and must download the full news app to see the weather. Thank you Channel 11 for keeping the weather app separately. I now use your app for all our tracking of weather on all our smartphones & tablets l, and uninstalled another networks app that requires news app to get to weather. I am very grateful for you keeping the weather app separately. You gained our trust and we now count of WPXI for our weather needs. 👍⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🌝
I love this app. Yes, a few things have changed but I think it’s better. I really like the radar and the hourly forecast. I haven’t seen anything wrong in the app but the ads. Most of the apps nowadays, have ads. Thanks for continuing to improve my weather app!
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 82 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.