The all-new WRAL News App delivers coverage you can count on in Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville, NC. Follow breaking news from North Carolina's largest news team and most experienced severe weather team.
There are multiple ways to stay connected with local news in the app!
• Watch WRAL News live and continue to browse other top stories of the day.
• Get the news you care about with My News. Just select your topics to create a personalized feed.
• View the Latest News to stay up-to-date with news as it happens.
• Miss an alert? Use the red bell (top left) to look back at recent alerts.
• Listen and subscribe to WRAL podcasts.
Additional New Features
• New design with home screen access to radar, 7-day and hourly forecasts.
• Go beyond the top news by swiping across the categories along the top of the screen to see more entertainment, politics, sports, education and offbeat news.
• Use "Watch" to browse the live streams and the latest videos from WRAL, including our award-winning documentaries, investigations, webcams across the state, Out & About TV and Tar Heel Traveler.
• Fixed a bug that caused video to crop on some tablets.
• Fixed a bug that caused a “jumping” experience on tablet.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too many junk notifications
Even though I went into this app’s settings and turned off all notifications except traffic, it still sends me at least three notifications early every morning urging me to watch the morning news and the Today show. So I had to block all its notifications in the iOS settings which is unfortunate because the traffic alerts are useful. WRAL has ignored tweets reporting this problem.
Other than that it’s an excellent local news source and a well done app.
Technical Errors, Grammatical Errors
The articles themselves are full of grammatical and syntax errors, but that’s every local media outlet these days. The most annoying thing is the app itself will give an error message almost every day (cannot load) and when I sent a trouble-ticket requesting assistance, WRAL’s tech support told me to delete it and reinstall when that happens. WHEN that happens? Every time? No thanks, I’ll just read the news elsewhere. (And it happens on three different devices with at least two bars-strength signal throughout multiple updates on two providers (AT&T and US Cellular,) so this is not a device-specific issue). The app is fine when it works, just not sure why It’s such a challenge to use.
Another concern I can’t seem to get an answer for is why so many news stories click out to B-side news sites that moments into reading a supposed news story, you get a “You’ve won a FREE iPhone, you have 5 minutes to claim it!” pop up. You have to completely close the app, there’s no way to close the pop up. Seems scammy and frankly, a little trashy for WRAL. I’m surprised they associate their site with clickbait like that. And from the list of stories on the main page, there’s really no way to know what’s real news and what’s not. Talk about “fake news.” *eye roll* C’mon, WRAL, you’re better than that.
Left leaning news
I’m not sure what happened or maybe I just didn’t really pay that much attention but over the years WRAL has become quite left leaning. Not far left just leaning quite hard left. In this day and age of everything from what kind of toothpaste you use (yes an exaggeration but) all the way up to the president. Anything that makes Trump look bad is highlighted. Stuff that doesn’t even matter on ANY level get put out there. Meaningless stuff. And the things that show him in a good light get either looked over or just a blip on the screen. Now I’m not saying I’m pro-Trump on all the things he does, says or tweets but since day one of his presidency its been all you can do to bring him down. IMO.
On another note, it’s a shame that the ability to make comments on some articles is disappointing. Maybe you can on social media but I’m not on any of that “crap”. I try to read things from the opposite sides of media like Fox News vs. cnn. Usually the truth lies between the two. My big plea is to report the news and not report left leaning news. That is what I wish for you and ALL the other reputable news companies. Thanks.
- Capitol Broadcasting Company
- 45.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.