On the ground or in the air, WSI Pilotbrief Optima is your co-pilot in the cockpit. Fly safely, confidently and comfortably with the latest and most accurate weather at your fingertips.
From any location, quickly create or select a flight route, retrieve a weather briefing, access enroute weather and modify the route during flight. Using an iPad, gain access to the aviation industry’s leading weather briefing product.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima, delivers the most relevant preflight and inflight briefing experience directly to your iPad by improving:
- Vertical Profile with observed and forecasted turbulence
- Real-time weather and updated forecasts for adjusted ETDs
- Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
Safety & Comfort
- High definition Global weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and Echo Top mosaics
- Proprietary forecast radar showing how the radar will move in the next 24 hours
- Global Enroute Hazards - proprietary forecasts by WSI forecasters
Connections & Operations
- Multi-pilot collaboration tools for streamlined operations in EFBs and EFFs (Electronic Flight Bag and Electronic Flight Folder, respectively)
- Offline mode to conserve bandwidth and data consumption
- Provisions to reduce data usage when in-flight
- Compliance with Corporate, Industry and Government Regulations
- CONUS VFR Sections, CONUS IFR High and Low
- Real-time inFlight weather data through aircraft onboard WIFI
- Digital Flight Release & Navigation Log capabilities for Business & Commercial Aviation
Improved setup for Vertical Profile and Get Briefing
Improved data usage
Refined TAPS thresholds
Ratings and Reviews
Good when it works
This the most unstable app I've ever used. I reboot my iPad 4 to try and get it to open. I have charts marked for favorites to view offline. I then go to view and no charts? I put a route in then get briefing with 4G or faster connection and it takes very long time to get briefing then I try and view chart that I just waited for to download and it is blank. No chart! Lucky my employer pays for service. I would never pay for this unstable service.
Very good improvement
The vertical profile is a huge improvement over previous versions! No more need to iteratively scan different flight levels RPM forecasts and the punch and zoom functionality within the vertical profile really helps me get a better picture of the forecasted turbulence before and during flight without connectivity. I have used it on a couple of Hawaii flights and one trans-con and so far I really like this new version.
Agreed - still very buggy
On a recent trip it was unusable offline. Online, it worked fine - I was able to download all the weather maps that I needed and it all looked fine. Then when I tried to use it in the plane - zippo. Freeze, crash. Rinse and repeat. Tried the double click/close thing several times - nothing. Totally useless. But then, the next day, after downloading new weather, it worked just fine.
Surprising that this can't be easily fixed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WSI Corporation
- 196.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright IBM Corp. 2016, 2021, Copyright WSI Corporation 1998, 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.