On the ground or in the air, WSI Pilotbrief Optima is your co-pilot in the cockpit. Fly safely, confidently and comfortably with the latest and most accurate weather at your fingertips.
From any location, quickly create or select a flight route, retrieve a weather briefing, access enroute and approach plate charts and modify the route during flight. Using an iPad, gain access to the aviation industry’s leading weather briefing product.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima, delivers the most relevant preflight and inflight briefing experience directly to your iPad by improving:
- Vertical Profile with observed and forecasted turbulence
- Real-time weather and updated forecasts for adjusted ETDs
- Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
Safety & Comfort
- High definition Global weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and Echo Top mosaics
- Proprietary forecast radar showing how the radar will move in the next 24 hours
- Global Enroute Hazards - proprietary forecasts by WSI forecasters
Connections & Operations
- Multi-pilot collaboration tools for streamlined operations in EFBs and EFFs (Electronic Flight Bag and Electronic Flight Folder, respectively)
- Offline mode to conserve bandwidth and data consumption
- Provisions to reduce data usage when in-flight
- Compliance with Corporate, Industry and Government Regulations
- CONUS VFR Sections, IFR Enroute, and Approach plate charts
- Real-time inFlight weather data through SiriusXM Aviation Receiver
- Digital Flight Release & Navigation Log capabilities for Business & Commercial Aviation
- Added capability to configure navlog sync behavior for digital flight releases
- Improved online/offline experience
Ratings and Reviews
Agreed - still very buggy
On a recent trip it was unusable offline. Online, it worked fine - I was able to download all the weather maps that I needed and it all looked fine. Then when I tried to use it in the plane - zippo. Freeze, crash. Rinse and repeat. Tried the double click/close thing several times - nothing. Totally useless. But then, the next day, after downloading new weather, it worked just fine.
Surprising that this can't be easily fixed.
Best feature is gone
Descent app. However, the last update removed one of the most useful features. The extended forecast was especially useful for extended sequence planning for packing purposes, asa well as briefing passengers and crew.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We plan to add the Local Forecast in the next app release.
Very good improvement
The vertical profile is a huge improvement over previous versions! No more need to iteratively scan different flight levels RPM forecasts and the punch and zoom functionality within the vertical profile really helps me get a better picture of the forecasted turbulence before and during flight without connectivity. I have used it on a couple of Hawaii flights and one trans-con and so far I really like this new version.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.