SkyPath's goal is delivery of accurate real-time turbulence data, based on crowdsourcing.
SkyPath provides real-time data combined with aviation expertise enabling the company to offer an optimal solution for turbulence.
The turbulence problem costs the airline hundreds of millions of dollars due to crew and passenger injuries, operational delays, and unscheduled aircraft maintenance. For over 30 years the aviation community is trying to come to grips with CAT (Clear Air Turbulence). The available data is cumbersome, elusive and unreliable in telling the pilots what to do.
How it works
SkyPath is a Crowd Sourcing, network based system, using accelerometer and GPS data from tablets and other mobile devices - transmitting real-time data from the air - to a server and back to users. Safety of flight is a major focus - SkyPath operates in the background and will alert the pilots ahead of time-without compromising safety of flight.
Airline pilots are equipped with Electronic Flight Bags (EFB) tablets with which they perform many tasks during flights. By using the SkyPath app on their iPads, they become part of the crowdsourcing solution. This enables both pilots and planners to utilize real time access to turbulence conditions.
An automatic real-time turbulence “sense and display” system
Allows pilots to choose an optimal route keeping passengers safe
Based on sharing crowdsourced information detected in real time
Plug n Play
SkyPath could be installed easily, quickly and for no extra set up cost.
Reduce severe turbulence inspections:
With objective, real-time reports, maintenance can be notified of the exact "G" tolerance incursions and apply the precise maintenance thus saving unnecessary inspections. Flying through turbulent areas may result with the aircraft overspeeding the Mach limit (MMO). SkyPath allows the pilots to prepare and reduce speed accordingly.
Reduce on-board injuries:
Crew and passenger injuries create tangible costs and issues of concern. "Crowd Sourcing" wisdom increases pilot and dispatch awareness and confidence in efficiently navigating turbulence.
Reduce enroute fuel consumption and preflight reserve fueling:
Better information leads to better decisions in critical areas where safety is balanced with efficiency. SkyPath increases the operations department’s trust and confidence in route projections of turbulence hazards as well as allows pilots to safely navigate during the occurrence of rapidly emerging turbulence situations. Significant costs may be avoided in more efficient decisions in loading contingency fuel (for weather avoidance enroute).
Improve forecast guidance for planning:
The turbulence feedback loop is instantaneous. More flyable airspace opens up more efficiency for flight planning.
• Product walkthrough within the app - We made the onboarding experience better than ever, with a product walkthrough tour within the application. New users will see it right away. If you would like to learn more about how to operate SkyPath, go to the setting and take the tour.
• Calculated pressure altitude display - We have added the ability to calculate and display your pressure altitude. SkyPath uses the iPad’s GPS and the atmospheric conditions at the flight’s current location.
In addition, you will also find the altitude slider much more informative and easy to use as your altitude and the search block are conveniently displayed there.
• Ride conditions - Forecasted ride conditions based on the current turbulence reports along the route. The popup will be shown after starting a flight. The ride conditions are updated throughout the flight and visible via the flight status box.
• Enhanced background notifications and Split view - From now on, you don’t need to open SkyPath to the foreground to view the content of the background notifications. You can use the iPad’s haptic touch to extend them and receive more information about them. SkyPath also supports split view mode for simultaneous work with other applications.
• Map enhancements - Dark mode logic is upgraded and is now linked to your iPad’s settings automatically. You can change it manually. Map now supports Multi-Select menu when there is more than one entity around your finger. Map information logic was upgraded to ensure a smoother experience when zooming in and out, also when offline. Vertical View will now follow your flight direction automatically.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App, game changer
Great App, changing the way we fly
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SKYPATH LTD
- 203.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SkyPath LTD 2023 All rights reserved