On the ground or in the air, WSI Pilotbrief Optima is your co-pilot in the cockpit. Fly safely, confidently and comfortably with the latest and most accurate weather at your fingertips.
From any location, quickly create or select a flight route, retrieve a weather briefing, access enroute weather and modify the route during flight. Using an iPad, gain access to the aviation industry’s leading weather briefing product.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima, delivers the most relevant preflight and inflight briefing experience directly to your iPad by improving:
- Vertical Profile with observed and forecasted turbulence
- Real-time weather and updated forecasts for adjusted ETDs
- Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
Safety & Comfort
- High definition Global weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and Echo Top mosaics
- Proprietary forecast radar showing how the radar will move in the next 24 hours
- Global Enroute Hazards - proprietary forecasts by WSI forecasters
Connections & Operations
- Multi-pilot collaboration tools for streamlined operations in EFBs and EFFs (Electronic Flight Bag and Electronic Flight Folder, respectively)
- Offline mode to conserve bandwidth and data consumption
- Provisions to reduce data usage when in-flight
- Compliance with Corporate, Industry and Government Regulations
- CONUS VFR Sections, CONUS IFR High and Low
- Real-time inFlight weather data through aircraft onboard WIFI
- Digital Flight Release & Navigation Log capabilities for Business & Commercial Aviation
Improved setup for Vertical Profile and Get Briefing
Improved data usage
Refined TAPS thresholds
Ratings and Reviews
What is this
Couldn’t figure out how to create a login. I just wanted to look at weather…
App intermittently logs users out-deletes favorite charts
This application continues to log me out at irregular intervals. That in and of itself isn’t that big of a deal, however when I log back in all my favorite charts are gone. I save them in a particular order for my self briefing. What’s more is that I must add the charts back in, in reverse order of viewing. There’s no function that allows shifting the order of charts saved.
not yet ready
15 minutes of playing with this found it to be very buggy and slow. The website version is much better. Earning it an additional star was the quality of the weather products and selection of them. App is not ready for prime time, but has potential. This is certainly the future of pilot meteorological information.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WSI Corporation
- 196.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright IBM Corp. 2016, 2021, Copyright WSI Corporation 1998, 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.