Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson and Severe Weather Center 9 meteorologists have made the most accurate local weather app, “The WSOC-TV Weather App,” even better. Charlotte’s most powerful weather app includes the following:
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Locally crafted forecasts. Select a location inside the Charlote market to see a local forecast created by WSOC-TV’s local weather experts. The app tells you which member of Severe Weather Center 9 crafted the local forecast. National applications that come pre-loaded on your phone don’t have local experts focused solely on getting the local forecast right every day.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
Our team is working hard to provide you with the best app experience possible. This update includes bug fixes and general improvements. As always we welcome your feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Previous versions of the app had the ability to view video of the most recent weather forecast. This was useful to those of us who were interested in weather. The WSOC-TV meteorologists do a great job.
What knucklehead thought that the streaming video of anything but weather would be meaningful in this app? Whoever that was kick them in the shins or give them a dope slap.
This was my favorite weather app until the update. It’s terrible now. I hate everything about it. It’s even hard to read now. The printing is so small you need 20/20 vision, and the low contrast between the background and the printing adds to the difficulty. I prefer using local weather apps so I will be going with the WBTV weather app.
The old version of this app was my go-to weather app of choice. Too many lousy changes on the new one, I won’t use it anymore. Have switched to a competing app. Will be deleting on 5/1 after old version stops working.
Why not keep a version that runs on iOS 9?
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 137.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.