The WUSF App allows you to listen to all of WUSF’s programs. The app provides On-Demand content of all your favorite shows, live streaming of the radio channels, WUSF 89.7 and Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9 in addition to FM Radio Schedules. Easily explore additional content.
• Listen to live streams from WUSF even while travelling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing.
• One Click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another channel with a single click.
• Listen to WUSF in the background while browsing the Web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WUSF’s programs easily and quickly, Florida Matters and University Beat.
• Access WUSF’s FL Matters podcast.
• DVR-like controls Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When accessing programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs
• The WUSF Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Connected Car – Apple Car Play – connect with WUSF in your car.
• Upstream – Submit video, audio and photos through the App.
• Notifications of important information and changes.
• FaceBook and Twitter Integration
• Program schedules
• A built-in-Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WUSF Public Media app is brought to you by the people at WUSF and jācapps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WUSF Public Media by becoming a member today!
Now Available on Apple CarPlay
Ratings and Reviews
I was furious when this app came out, because it forced me to listen to an ad before I could listen to the radio. Fortunately, I hadn't deleted the old app yet so I reverted to that. I also wrote to WUSF and canceled my sustainer's gift, because frankly I do not believe public radio should impose advertising on its listeners. When a friend told me that the the feature taking you straight to an ad had been disabled, I downloaded the new app, and I am pretty happy with it. Unlike the other reviewer, I have no trouble with going back and forth between phone calls and the app.
Better than TuneIn app
Used to access via TuneIn Radio app, but this is better, with easy access to classical music on WSMR and podcasts. Add when you open is not annoying and easy to skip. I like supporting my local media too!
A downgrade from the prior generation-
Literally out of the frying pan- few days after the last review and the latest update freezes more than ever; all I want is a stream of the broadcast and frankly I'm probably going to just find an old pocket transistor radio BC the apps are getting worse.
The update constantly crashes & freezes up- doesn't smoothly transition from an interruption- call, text, alarm- back to app ... oh & forcing me to listen to the same ad over and again merely ensures I will never avail myself of those products.
As a WUSF donor I am beyond disappointed- if I could go back to the prior generation app I would.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.