Looking for a status update on a family member or friend being seen in the Emergency Department, or having a surgical procedure? Want a text alert when it’s time for your appointment? The WVU Medicine app can do all that – and more:
* Check the real-time status of a family member or friend being seen in the Emergency Department.
* Check the real-time status of a family member or friend undergoing a surgical procedure.
* Check your waiting room status and get notified when it’s time to be seen.
* Provide feedback about your experience.
These features are available at these WVU Medicine hospitals, all located in West Virginia:
* J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown
* WVU Medicine Children’s in Morgantown
* United Hospital Center in Bridgeport
* Camden Clark Medical Center in Parkersburg
* Berkeley Medical Center in Martinsburg
* Braxton County Memorial Hospital in Gassaway
* Fairmont Medical Center in Fairmont
* Jackson General Hospital in Ripley
* Jefferson Medical Center in Ranson
* Potomac Valley Hospital in Keyser
* Reynolds Memorial Hospital in Glen Dale
* St. Joseph’s Hospital in Buckhannon
* Summersville Regional Medical Center in Summersville
* Wetzel County Hospital in New Martinsville
Additional app features at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and WVU Medicine Children’s include:
Get wayfinding assistance when traveling to all publicly-accessible areas on levels one through four of the hospital; that includes lobbies and waiting areas, clinical departments, cafeteria, Starbucks, and gift shop.
Get wayfinding assistance when traveling to the nurses’ stations on levels five through 10 of the hospital.
The app will continue to expand to meet the needs of patients and visitors. Please watch for updates.
-Updated Home Screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app has a simple and straight forward feel to it and it makes it easy to navigate the Ruby Memorial Hospital. I hope to see more of their facilities available in the near future but this is a great start. I am glad to see WVU medicine this type of assistance to patients. As a new patient myself recently I feel that the standard of care provided by WVU medicine is second to none. I look forward to seeing what’s next!
I recently moved to Morgantown and was surprised to have such a large and impressive hospital near me, Ruby. After downloading the app, it will be easier to navigate without assistance, my preferred method. Also, I hope I don’t have to use the waiting room function in the future but it sure would have been handy in the past for my family.
Application is buggy and provides no information for inside and outside clinics in Morgantown. No contact numbers or anything else listed for help with hospital locations if a patient is lost or disoriented on the large medical campus.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please provide us detail as to what was not working for you in the app? Also in regards to other facilities including our clinics we have plans to continue to expand to other facilities. In fact we are adding additional facilities at this time and in the near future we will provide a set of functionality for clinics. Do you have any suggestions on what features you would like to see for the clinics? Again we appreciate the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- West Virginia United Health System, Inc.
- 95.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WVU Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.