Wyoming 511 is the official road condition and traffic information app of the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT).
- Provides pre-trip map-based road and traffic conditions (Map)
- Displays web camera images (Map)
- Displays weather station data (Map)
- Shows users their route and mile marker location, and includes latitude / longitude (Where Am I?)
- Speaks conditions so drivers know what they can expect on the road ahead (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Alerts drivers to traffic information, including crashes and other hazards within a user-specified radius (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Updates data from WYDOT’s servers every 15 minutes when a data connection is available
- Uses GPS to provide location-based reports
the fix for dark mode included
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sure hope they don’t track and sell location like the Weather Channel app
Downloading now. Hopeful.
So far WDOT’s twitter feed is the most useful thing.
WDOT’s webpage is really hard to use on an ipad or iPhone. Not sure about the computer but I need it to work on my phone. While I’m stopped at a rest stop with minimal cell data. Roads need better labels for casual non-professional drivers.
I’m really looking for a system to alert me of dangerous weather conditions on the road from Fort Collins to Laramie — that pass can turn nasty in an instant while road conditions everywhere else are fine. There must be a large number of kids and parents and shoppers traveling from Laramie to Colorado. Many are novice drivers.
We’ve used this for years- it’s a lifesaver
This app shows conditions on both local roads and highways. I wish there was a stated color legend, but it’s fairly obvious, and you can click on icons to see current alert and condition posts. Drill down to city streets is great. I notice that I have to reload this app if I have not used it in awhile— like most other apps. It works; an update in graphics would be good, but the actual detailed Hwy department data is indispensable.
The trucker who went astray on the high elevation Beartooth Hwy should have been using this.
Too much clutter
When viewing the map, the numbers clutter up your view of road conditions. Get rid of them so we can see the roads and we can click on them to get more info.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.