The Xerox® Workplace mobile app enables simple local printing and scanning with your Xerox MFP. When used in conjunction with Xerox® Workplace Cloud / Suite (www.Xerox.com/mobile), it further allows users to connect in a controlled secure way from any anywhere, to any device over any network (without direct printer connection.)
KEY STANDARD FEATURES
-Add and connect to a printer by simply scanning the printer specific QR Code or using NFC to tap on NFC-enabled MFP
-Open documents directly from this app for easy print and preview
- Use the camera function to capture a picture and then print it
-Select print options such as 1-Sided/ 2-Sided, color/ black-white, stapled, paper-size, page range, and Secure Print pin (for direct print only)
-Print directly from other applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive and more
-Integrated Public/Hot Spot printing
-Scan documents from your MFP wirelessly from within the app
Additional Features when used with Xerox Workplace Suite or Cloud
- Controlled and secure user permissions with mobile app user account log in
- Unlock supported Xerox Printers, using the mobile app instead of a card (unlock code or NFC)
- Print to Xerox, Fuji Xerox and non-Xerox including HP, Ricoh, Epson, Canon and others’ network print devices
- Print MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, email, text, Open Office and various image formats
- Use GPS to find locations and available printers
- View the currently selected printer status
- Print documents immediately or upload them securely for release later at any licensed printer (pull print)
- Job accounting support
- Capability to integrate with a single release queue including jobs sent from desktop PC, MAC and Chrome book
- View all waiting pull print jobs to release at any printer from your mobile device
Feature availability depends on Xerox Workplace solution Mobile Print solution version and Administrator configuration
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH XEROX® WORKPLACE
1.) Obtain your Company Code information for your Xerox® Workplace Solution from your administrator
2.) Download and install Xerox® Workplace App
3.) Register & Login to Xerox® Workplace using your Company Code and Credentials
4.) Browse your Mobile Device and open a document to print
5.) Select “Open In…” using Workplace to Upload, Preview & Print your Documents*
6.) Select an available printer, printer options and release your document
*Actual names and availability of menu commands may vary across mobile platforms.
Visit www.xerox.com/mobile for more information on Xerox Mobile Solutions
Ratings and Reviews
I like the features it has, but was a bit frustrated at first when trying to figure out which app is the right one to down load and how will it work for what we needed done. Some of the options were confusing to us, because, I’m not techi! And we were use-to using a brother for 10yrs. So it was a challenge , because we use the app. The fax and scan feature regularly. My teen took some time out and read cover to cover, and when that didn’t work, he was on the internet. I don’t think we have figured it all out yet, but we get to do the main important part, and we understand that section of it.
I love this app
The Xerox Print Portal works great with my iPad Pro. My only complaint is that sometimes it won’t print a second document. I have to manually go in and close the Print Portal app and re-open it. That can be a pain.
Also, with the new version, the default setting is to print double-sided, which I never do, as I am printing court documents, and I have to physically go in to change the setting, and if I forget and the document prints double-sided, I can’t use it.
Errors and options non existent or easy to find
Every time i try to print a jpg it gives me a communication error. I can’t print a pages document, i have to convert it to a pdf first and then print the pdf. I don’t see any way to print a page range. I only see where to print how many copies...I know that I’ve got to be missing something here. This is a work printer, and no on-job tech guy, so I’m kind of just stuck trying to figure it out myself. It’s kind of embarrassing since I’m the one who usually figures this stuff out for other people. Finding fixes for this has been unfruitful....
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xerox Corporation
- 49.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2022 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved.