XGimp is an adaptation for iPhone and iPad of the app GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation), which is a freely distributed program for tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. As a result of that, the app XGimp provides many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, image editor, an expert quality photo retouching program, an image renderer, or an image format converter.
XGimp is the app GIMP that runs remotely, so it has the same features:
- Suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Image editor.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Full alpha channel support.
- Layers and channels.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
A guide about how to use this app can be found at http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
XGimp is the app GIMP that is run remotely.
The subscription inside the app consists on the following:
- The length of the subscription is 1 month
- The price of the subscription is $0.99
- The subscription will be auto-renewed every month so that you can continue enjoying the app without ads.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Compliance with IOS 15 and bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
First of all, I can't import any photos from my device into the local editor. I have an 11 pro. I can create a new image, then edit the blank image, but how do you make an image editor t h a t d o e s n t i m p o r t i m a g e s??? Am I supposed to figure out how to move them into a special folder? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Then there's the remote editor. It looks just like the desktop version, only nothing is scaled to fit a mobile screen so you constantly zoom in and zoom out using buttons, not native gestures. Then ~I guess~ you can import your images but the zoom thing is a huge annoyance, plus it froze up before I had chance to see if I could actually import anything. Now it says to use an iPad or bigger screen, but this is ios not the ipad operating system so why is it even in the app store if it doesn't work with my device?? even if I did air play it onto a larger screen I still have to use that stupid zoom.
As much as I love gimp, this port is pure trash and should be deleted from the app store.
well I too ran into problems i was I thought excited to see gimp for I thought would work on an apple I Pad,,, well it don’t I as well had a blank screen did the same as your other reviewer, opened it up as new and it failed to open up to the images. I love gimp too I’m one of the users from 2010, I kept my older version as I honestly hated the newer version as it was all different and was not as good as the version I have, and I will never take it off from my desk top or laptop,,, the old vein was true if it wasn’t broken then don’t fix it,,, gimp personnel, you thought you had improved it, gave it updated, look I gotta tell ya,,, Stop, Stop, Stop, you can not improve what was already working great. i hate that gray field and white icons, I had to take it off and go back to my old thumb drive and bring back my saved working above perfect version….. It’s annoying actually, with people not stopping to what was fantastic, working apps or programs, and ruin it in a new version. (2. 8. 20) was your best. the simplicity of it never fails ya….now I was hoping to find a version of it to work with the apple I pad I was given as a early Birthday, Christmas Present,,, sad it don’t,,,, I hope you see from that version I listed and work it for I Pads and Apples… You are awesome ,,, yours faithfully terry alan vincent, Illinois
Help Gimp usage? Wont work. Plz.
Hi how’s it going goes on I would like to say that I want to use camp I love the software and I just think that there’s a little issue a little minor problem basically if you guys can go and check your guises data servers maybe it’s not him showing exactly how to run it right through the relay servers. It could be a technical issue but as soon as I open the app it takes me straight to new image edit image and files in like that when I push new image tells me the name and eventually name it LOL just for testing and it pulls up a blank screen with editing tools in the bottom it does not look like a desktop version it just looks like a regular app but there’s no way to import my picture there’s no way to open gallery for my photo albums can you guys please maybe take a look into your processing servers and see if you can fix this for me thank you very much my email is well you guys should know it’s on here thank you bye-bye
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Securenet Sistemas Avanzados, SL
- 176.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SSA
- In-App Purchases
- XGimp without ads $0.99