You Doodle has hundreds of tools! You can markup a photo, create a meme or any other type of project you can imagine. You Doodle does it all. Draw on photos, add text, insert shapes, work with layers, blending two photos, placing stamps, stickers, scrapbook with collage and frames plus many more tools are available in You Doodle. You may even create custom stamps and stickers right in the app.
Drawing on photos has never been simpler. You Doodle works in iMessage and the photos app and supports Apple pencil, along with Adonit and Pogo Connect stylus. Dragging in and inserting images from other apps is a snap. No other app lets you draw on a photo as easily as You Doodle.
You Doodle is a full featured art studio and here are some of the features:
- iOS10+: use You Doodle in iMessage to add stickers, GIFs, APNGs, draw on photos, use the camera and much more! Save GIFs from Safari to the You Doodle iMessage app.
- Many draw tools: brush, air-brush, shape and 3D brush, calligraphy pen, eraser, color picker, flood fill (super fast with real-time preview), spray, chalk, recolor (with tolerance), blur, smudge, clone stamp, scissors
- Apple pencil support on iPad Pro
- Backup and restore settings, documents, stickers, colors, etc. between devices!
- Record your drawing for playback as a video
- Create slideshows and import photos, videos and GIFs. Export to Video or GIF. Add music that is downloaded to your device. Add custom watermark with pro version.
- Share to PDF, Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, Sketch Book, Twitter, Tumblr, Dropbox, Weibo, Email, Text Message, Camera Roll, Printer or Copy to Clipboard.
- Split view on supported devices
- Force touch on supported devices
- Import fonts from Safari or other supported apps (zip, ttf, otf)
- Quickly draw and add text with the new photo editor extension
- Save to your sketchbook from other supported apps
- Supports up to 16 megapixel camera images (4096x4096), depending on device
- Gradient tool
- Turn your art into a T-shirt!
- Many blend modes for brush and fill tool
- Add text to your photos with tons of colors, fonts, outlines, glow, 3D, circular, shine, scaling and rotation
- 3D rotation (X, Y, Z) for text and images with perspective (perspective on iOS 7+ only)
- Pixel perfect rotation and placement of text and photos
- Draw in real-time with nearby You Doodle users (iOS 7+ only), everyone must have the same You Doodle version
- Insert multiple images at a time to create a collage
- Draw on top of the first page of your PDF and Office documents from Dropbox
- Use the blender tool to blend the foreground and background in interesting and fun ways
- Tons of cool stamps with offline support once downloaded
- Post your entire photo on Instagram (with square cropping) and other social networks
- Hundreds of picture frames and collages
- Over 30 amazing filters and effects
- Add shapes like arrows to highlight interesting bits in your photos
- Your own personal sketchbook to save your drawings to your device
- Flip, rotate, crop and filter your photos
- Glow effect for draw tools
- Legend creator for maps and other diagrams
- Simple table / spreadsheet creator
- Mask the background to the foreground and filter the background for some really cool effects
- Add custom fonts from your Dropbox folder
- Adonit Touch and Pogo connect stylus integration
Try out You Doodle today, I know you'll love it! I'm just one guy doing everything and I listen to feedback. Please let me know what I can do to improve your You Doodle experience.
- Jeff Johnson
Follow on Instagram: @you_doodle - https://instagram.com/you_doodle)
Follow on Twitter @YouDoodleApp
Like on Facebook - https://facebook.com/youdoodle
Support email - email@example.com
- Fix sketchbook not saving properly in some cases
- Fix an issue where shapes did not save properly if confirmation dialogs were turned off.
- Fix issue with gradient tool "light source" single tap function.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome All the way!! Please Add Highlighting capability!
UPDATE 5/4/19~Is there a way to Highlight screenshots of articles etc? If so, how? If not, Please Add! I’m not an artist of any kind and Highlighting print is something that would be very useful for me and I’m sure others as well.
This app has been easy to use every time I've needed it! It does exactly what I want and I can save or share my work just about anywhere! Love it! I have the paid version and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!
Update: I’m not any kind of artist, and only use this app occasionally. Usually to crop a pic or add a greeting or whatever to a picture. In the past, I had no problem doing these things. I actually just a few minutes ago cropped a screenshot and it was easy. However, recently after several attempts to add Happy Birthday to a pic, I had to give up! I even tried to type it in a frame. Not sure what has changed, but it’s gotten too complicated for me, I guess. I have the paid version btw, don’t know if it makes any difference regarding my problem, just thought that I’d mention it. It’s a Great app! Especially for people who know what they are doing. 🤪
Confused but good
This app is great i used to use it all the time except i used it for art in general not for filter and drawing on photos id use it like id use microsoft paint and thats saying alot seeing this is a mobile app. My only issue. is whats the difference between the two apps? I cant remember which app is original but ik i used to use the original and it looked just like this app now you got like what three of the same app? This one the other one with the rainbow background and the premium version. Im confused....but ill give ya 5 stars anyways.
P.S. Something to note if you can please add a symmetrical mode in options or something. Its help if while i was drawing and needed perfect symmetry, I could just go to options and enable it and it would mirror what i write on the left side of the paper onto the right as i draw. (or vise versa) Also if this is going to be added give an option to be able to switch between vertical or horizontal mirroring. I hope you read this and take this suggestion under consideration. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Don’t believe all the critical reviews
This app is the best and easy to use. People that leave a bad review are just retarded and don’t understand what they are doing. They need more medical treatment. I guess they want this app to draw crop and paste for them without highlighting the fact they have to touch the areas they to be cropped. Ex: I was drawing and it left a weird checker board. This is because you removed the foreground which the photo ,like it has layers, background foreground etc. Dumb people need a coloring book or a cartoon video that shows them how to use this easy to use app. Make sure they put the cartoon in a Cocomelon format.
This app is kinda like PowerPoint but a heck of a lot better! Because it’s way faster and easier to edit add shapes and it words
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Digital Ruby, LLC
- 66.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2012 Digital Ruby, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version - Special Offer $3.99
- Pro Version - Amazing Savings! $4.99
- Draw Tools Pack $1.99
- Stamp Pack $1.99
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Picture Frame Pack $1.99
- Filter Pack $1.99
- Backgrounds and Textures Pack $1.99
- Font Pack $1.99
- Blender Pack - Combine Layers $1.99