New Yr on iPhone and iPad is different from anything else you’ve seen in weather forecasting: Scroll through a beautiful and animated sky to see how the weather changes hourly, and get all the need-to-know details at the same time.
The weather visualization makes it a fun experience to check the weather – even when it’s raining!
Forecasts are delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
NEW APP FEATURES:
• Weather conditions in a visualized 48-hour forecast, with animated clouds, rain, snow and fog + details about wind, temperature and severe weather warnings.
• Long term forecast in table – hour by hour the first three days.
• Graph with more details on weather, temperature, wind and pressure.
• Live 90-minute precipitation forecast – our most accurate and updated rain forecast (only in Norway).
• Weather summary text.
• Choose the look of your widget
• Easy navigation between sky view, table and graph.
• Weather from 10 million places around the world with option to save your favorite places.
ABOUT US: Yr is a weather service jointly produced by NRK and the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Our primary goals are to secure life and property, while delivering useful and accurate weather forecasts to our users, preparing them for all kinds of weather. This year we are celebrating our ten-year anniversary, and with millions of users every day we are proud of being one of the most popular weather services in the world.
You can now view data from observation stations at the top of the table.
Support for dark mode.
Bug fixes for iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One missing feature
The only thing it’s missing is humidity. Do they not have humid days in Norway? Other than that, it’s the best weather app in here.
I really want to like this app, especially because I like Norwegians. But there are a couple of problems. First, it is slow to start. You need to do more cacheing or prefetching or something so that it seems more responsive, even if the data are a little bit stale when the app first loads.
Second, every morning at 6:15 AM, I get a notification with the weather report for the weather for, in order: tonight, this afternoon, this evening. That is not chronological order at all, and it skips the most important thing, which is this morning. As in, “what do my kids need to wear to school today?”
Also, my wife heard me leaving this review, and wanted me to ask why you need to check location three times a day. When there’s only one notification a day.
Fantastic weather app
This app is the best weather app I have encountered to date. I love the Sky animation showing not only the cloud coverage but also the moon phase, moon rise, transit and setting time. This app is also the only free weather app that doesn’t sell your location information to advertising agencies. Fantastic weather app all around
- Norsk Rikskringkasting As
- 383.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007-2018 NRK
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.