* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Insight Courses
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us over here: https://help.insighttimer.com
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/legal/terms-of-service
Thank you for being part of our conscious community made up of 20 million people around the world.
This version includes a number of bug fixes and UI improvements.
For any questions or feedback, please contact our Support Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
As its name suggests, Insight Timer started as a simple timer app for meditating. But it’s evolved into a comprehensive (and award-winning) way to help people reduce anxiety, improve their sleep, and maybe even gain a little insight along the way. It features thousands of guided meditations across a range of styles: Buddhist mindfulness (which channels your inner monk), Kundalini yoga (which focuses on your posture), walking meditation (which is meditation on the move), and many others. Lessons range from just a few minutes to long and luxurious.
What a resource!!
I initially downloaded this app for the timer - a nice variety of authentic sounding bowls, blocks, and chimes. Fast forward four years and I'm continually blown away by the incredible amount and quality of the guided meditation content now available here! All for free!! With new recordings arriving each day, there's everything from basic breath work and mindfulness practices, to creative visualization and hypnotherapy, Yoga Nidra, meditations on specific topics (I've noticed everything from improving your ball game to having a healthy pregnancy!), children's meditations, meditations in a variety of foreign languages, music, and spiritual talks. While most of the offerings seem to be pretty secular, there are some which might appeal more specifically to people with backgrounds in Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and probably other religions as well. There's everything from world renown spiritual leaders to up and coming teachers from around the world. I've found some real gems here and have bookmarked many more than I'll probably ever get to as I keep coming back to some favorites. I haven't gotten into the social aspect of this app, but that is also there for people who want that. I do enjoy seeing the charts of my practice over time and feel more centered and able to cope with life as I enjoy realizing the personal goals I've set. Thank you!!
Best meditation app hands down!
I don’t write reviews for apps. I felt compelled to do so for this one. First off, i have been trying to get into the practice of meditation for several years now. I’ve tried classes, doing it on my own, and various other apps: Calm, HeadSpace, etc. Problem with those apps is they all charge you a monthly fee after the trial period. This is the only truly free app for meditation. Once I got into it, it’s laid out so beautifully, easy to find specific meditations, and its so user friendly. I really found myself looking forward to meditating after the first couple of days. It is now a part of my morning routine and i could not imagine my life without it. They do offer courses in addition to the over 45,000 free meditations. I fell in love with one meditation guide in particular who led a Smiling Meditation which literally brought happy tears to my eyes while meditating! I found that she offered a 10-day self-confidence workshop. I wound up going ahead and purchasing the yearly membership for $65. Well worth it to me bc i don’t think I could run out of courses or premium content on this app! Could not recommend enough! If you have had other apps collecting space on your phone, do yourself a favor and delete them! Get Insight Timer!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Insight Network Inc
- 187.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $59.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $9.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 1 $1.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 2 $4.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $19.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 3 $19.99
- Meditation Course: Single Use $4.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $29.99
- Meditation Course: Multi Use $19.99
- Truth Anxiety course – Own $19.99