Zones now supports iOS 14 Widgets allowing you to view its huge library of cities from your Home Screen, all completely offline.
Zones is the simplest way to convert time zones between cities around the world.
- Get a quick list of your favourite chosen time zones in the app.
- Rename any of your cities to reflect who or what you're keeping track of from that city.
- Easy conversion: tap on any favourite time zone to present a selected time in all of your other time zones.
- Pick your city list layout from a range of options.
- Multiple themes and icons to choose from, as well as dark mode support.
- Includes a huge database of cities from every country in the world.
- Full iPad support, including a grid view (also available on iPhone), and full split-screen multitasking support.
- Share the selected times in your favourite cities through email, message or other apps that support text sharing. You can schedule a meeting for different locations and let them all know the correct time for their location!
- Access your list of favourite time zones from the Today Widget in Notification Centre.
If you have friends or family in another city, conduct business overseas, or travel a lot, Zones makes it incredibly easy to quickly check the current time, or convert using a specific time and date.
Make sure you won't wake your parents up when you call, or check the time for your important conference call in a few days. Within the app you can add as many favourite cities as you like from a huge database that includes cities all over the world.
At any time you are able to select one of your cities, and set the time for that location, allowing you to see the relative time in all your other cities. When you're done, it's easy to reset to the current time.
Ideas for features or have an issue? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @zones_app
Zones now has iOS 14 Widgets, allowing you to see all your Zones from anywhere on your Home Screen. The widgets come in a variety of designs, and can be customised to suit your desired style.
This version also includes bug fixes and performance improvements, including resolving issues with saving calendar events.
Ratings and Reviews
My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii and have Ben struggling with the time zone conversions for things like when we need to leave vs when we will arrive. Zones has been really great at helping us solve that problem. I was able to add Hawaii and tap on it to change the time there and it shows me what time that would be here. It even shows what date it would be in case it would be a day ahead or behind. In the free version, I was able to delete the preinstalled cities and add three of my own (Hawaii, Denver, and New York). These are the time zones I deal with for travel and, in the case of NY, telling when something will be on tv. My only complaint and the only flaw I found with this product is your local time is always at the top of the list. You can sort the cities automatically by time zone or reverse time zone, but your location is always at the top. I’d rather central time be between Eastern and Mountain. Otherwise, this is a 5- ⭐️ app for our needs. I’m still going to purchase the $2.99 pro upgrade to support the developer.
No 24 HR Clock?
Great app. I did think a 24HR clock option would’ve been available for the money; but I just don’t see it. The available link to the website actually took me nowhere.
Developer Response ,
The new version of the app now supports 24 hour time. Please upgrade and give it a go!
Everything I needed
I had a short list of things I needed out of a time converter app 1) see multiple time zones, at least 5 as a time 2) have the ability to check hypothetical times (like you scrub the time to see different times in all the time zones listed) 3) iOS 14 widget to see this on my Home Screen Bonus: see sunrise and sunsets times, one time purchase for premium version. This app does it all and is super generous with the free version. All the issues I saw from reviews that weren’t 5 stars were asking for this feature or that, and it’s clear the developer has been listening because they’ve all made it in here as of 2021. While I don’t need the premium version, I think I may just go for it to support the great work. One thing to note do new users; check the settings for features. It’s packed with goodies.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tom Izaks
- 9.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Tom Izaks
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full App $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.