AfriGIS Pty Ltd
Designed for iPad
Gautrain – for people on the move. The official Gautrain app – everything you need to know about the Gautrain.
With the new Gautrain App, you get all the travel information you need, when you need it. Features include:
• access Gautrain Card balances
• top-up prepaid balances and purchase fare products via secure payments
• real-time journey planning, station to station, or search for any address in Gauteng, with the option to add public transport operators in Gauteng to extend your journey options beyond the Gautrain network
• live Gautrain bus tracking, plotted on your journey map
• journey fares and schedules, with the option to request journey information up to seven days ahead
• find nearest bus and station features, with routing instructions
• link multiple Gautrain Cards to a profile
• view balance and travel history for transit cards
• log and manage claims online
• block Gautrain Cards.
• check expiry date and more…
The Gautrain system provides you with a safe, comfortable and reliable train service, a dedicated bus system, as well as drop-off and parking facilities at all stations (except at OR Tambo International Airport). These services are fully integrated and may be used separately or jointly by transferring from one to another. The services are all accessed by means of your Gold Card. Additional services include car rental facilities at Johannesburg Park Station, Sandton- and Pretoria Stations.
Due to the large possibility of different routings, the fare calculator gives only indicative prices and not always the exact amount. The indicative price shall not be binding and/or enforceable against the Gauteng Provincial Government (including the Gauteng Management Agency (Pty) Ltd) and/or Bombela Concession Company and/or Bombela Operating Company (Pty) Ltd. The timetables are only indicative and can change without prior notice.
* Performance Enhancements
* Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I think that it would be useful if some of the updates that are on the website were on the App too. Updates such as reloading card, checking balance, registering card details so it’s each to report lost card. It would also be useful if the App calculated the cost of a round trip, not just the cost of one way trip. Real time updates of train delays would also be useful. Early update of bus route disruptions would also be useful.
An app like this is meant to be for convenience and efficiency, but this is neither of the two.
I have just spent over half an hour trying to reload my card, but almost every step of the process failed at least once, until I eventually gave up.
The whole app is infuriatingly slow. Everything takes ages to load.
I also get notified TWICE at the same time for every disruption in service. Which makes it feel like spam instead of potentially useful information.
There are plenty of qualified and competent app developers in the country who could make this app viable and valuable for Johannesburg commuters. It urgently needs a revamp.
The app needs to be improved upon.
1. There is an ETA date and time, but what’s the use of it if you cannot change it to the date and time you need?
2. A bus schedule is required to properly plan your trip.
3. The authentication needs to be improved. The simplest way would be to incorporate Touch ID and Face ID.
4. An option to print or email the Travel History to enable users to claim back their travel.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- AfriGIS Pty Ltd
- 19.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Gautrain