Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• A new language settings page, giving you more control over which languages Chrome offers translations for.
• You can clear your browsing data from a specific range of time, like the past hour or past day.
• Omnibox suggestions are easier to read with added thumbnails and icons.
• Includes a fix for repeated sign-in dialog.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, Can’t save pictures.
I’ve been using the chrome app since the iPhone 5s days and have always been preferring it over others. Recently purchased the 8 plus and now cannot save any form of image, assuming this is a software bug; please correct this soon!
New design isn’t as good, especially for 1 hand
I tried switching to Firefox a few months back and switched back to chrome because the tab management was much better, when switching and when closing.
With the new chrome, I quit the app several times because I thought I had loaded the wrong app. It’s almost identical (to Firefox) The tab windows aren’t as good, you could see many more tabs on the old version and the closing of tabs worked better too, could see more tab headings and use a fluid movement of a finger to close, rather than having to click on one specific spot. You also never had to stretch your hand on a larger phone as you could bring the tab to be closed down to where your hand was so for several reasons, new browser is much worse for 1-handed use, which is how most people use a browser on a phone.
Firefox closing at least incorporated a bit of a hybrid where u can swipe left or right to close but can still only see 6 icons and have to stretch your finger to close stuff on the far side of the screen.
Crome isn't perfectly integrated for the iphone
I did a test this morning with Google Chrome. I totally disabled Safari. Secondly when I then used my iphone default mail app and opened a email with marketing promotion and touched the promo to open it in my google browser the promo didn't want open. The promo only opens if I still have Safari on my phone and the promotion then open in Safari browser. So now I must still use both browsers on my phone. Apple please look into this and Google please do the same. This is just not well thought through the side of Apple and Google.
- Google LLC
- 68 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.