Born in 1955 from humble beginnings as a tabloid of somewhat questionable origins, the Golden City Post rose rapidly to redeem itself when the Argus Group took it over in 1971 and simply called it Post.
Most members of the Indian community, despite linguistic and religious differences, seem to find common ground in ethnic papers and in this respect, Post serves the function of bringing a community together. In its secularity and political neutrality it makes space for all members of the Indian community, and so many political parties, as well as Hindu, Muslim and Christian faiths, find common ground in the pages of the Post. - Prof. Devi Rajab
The app now brings you their latest news at your fingertips. The app provides enriched multimedia, bookmarking capabilities, offline viewing and easy article sharing.
In this app, you also have access to two unique features, User Generated Content and Augmented Reality scanning capability.
What is User Generated Content (UGC)? --
You as a consumer can now submit stories and content, including videos, audio, images and GPS locations. You can become a journalist on the go! Your stories will be submitted to a secure dashboard, where the newspaper will monitor and review which content they can use.
What is Augmented Reality (AR)? --
An enhanced version of reality where live direct or indirect views of physical real-world environments are augmented with superimposed computer-generated images over a user’s view of the real-world, thus enhancing one’s current perception of reality.
Look out for images in print with the Augmented Reality logo and scan the image for an exciting digital experience.
Subscription: Most of our content is available to you for free, because we'd like you to visit us a lot. However, if you subscribe you will have full access to all the content in our newspapers. Subscribers also have access to PDFs and classifieds. You can manage your subscription by accessing your "Account & Subscriptions” within the Post app.
We are continuously working to improve your reading experience so let us know by providing feedback or reporting any issues either via http://www.iol.co.za/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subscription payment of R24.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account on confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
• Terms & Conditions: http://www.iol.co.za/terms-and-conditions
Tap to Scan
- simply tap on the screen to Scan
- Independent Newspapers (Pty) Ltd
- 125 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Independent Media
- In-App Purchases
- The POST News Subscription R24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.