Carry Africa in your pocket with our offline map and additional travel guides, which allows you to see street level detail and orientate accurately in remote areas.
Welcome to the most detailed travel guide for overland travel in Africa. This offline app offers a great map and huge amount of detailed places of interest for planning your next safari. Your GPS location will ensure you stay orientated while using the app on your self-drive trip.
Try it out
The app contains samples of the map and guide information, which can be upgraded to full country maps and guides.
How does it work?
This is not a routing/navigation app. The app aims to bring you offline access (i.e. no internet connection required) to the following:
• A detailed map of the country or region you purchase. The country map roughly corresponds to a 1:1 000 000 paper map in terms of its detail and will allow you to view the map at different zoom levels. The map works similar to a web map with the difference being that all information is installed on your device. It contains place names like cities, towns and villages together with a detailed road and track network. It also shows you all protected areas such as national parks and game reserves together with relevant background data such as rivers, mountains and major attractions.
• A detailed guide with the following categories: Places (cities, towns, etc), Attractions & Activities, Parks, Scenic, Camps, Lodging, Food & Drink, Fuel, Shopping, Services and More (miscellaneous points of interest). The guide information is linked to a location on the map and will display as a pin on the map for you to know where it is in reference to where you are.
The app will display a map of the country or region and allow you to switch on different categories of points of interest. You can also search for specific places by name. The map search is location sensitive, i.e. results will be relative to the centre of the map.
Your position, determined from your iPhone or iPad’s location service, will display on the map so you can accurately orientate yourself on the map. As you drive, your location will update on the map so you always know where you are. (iPhone or iPad with GPS required)
The search functionality is linked to the guide categories. For example, if you need to find a campsite, simply switch on the Camps category. Immediately all campsites around you will display on the map and you can click on them for more information. Otherwise, if you know the name of a campsite, enter it into the search block and relevant results will be filtered.
What kind of information can you expect?
Apart from the categories already mentioned, points of interest will have associated information such as a description, contacts details, facilities and activities and some places will have photos. Have a look at the sample data in the free app to get an idea of what we offer.
What about updates?
We will provide updates for one year after it has been replaced by a new edition.
Talk to us
We sincerely would like to hear what you think of the app. If you place a comment, question or suggestion in the review section, we cannot reply to you. So please drop us a line so we can engage and learn what you would like to see in subsequent releases of our app. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page: facebook.com/Tracks4Africa.
This version ships with an updated map and map style, including bigger fonts for iPad mini, as well as updated demo listings.
Also includes fixes to some minor issues that were reported.
Ratings and Reviews
It's critical to have
Scratch that, you might not be able to use any navigation features, which would be great, but you have no other way of easily having an update to date map.
Latest update is fantastic!
What a nice update! Well done to the team! Its exactly what i was looking for in the previous version. A bit laggy on my ipad pro 12.9 when searching, but the rest is superb, especially the HD maps! Thanks
After a rocky start awesome app will recommend
After purchasing the maps for the app, I was very disappointed, they have subsequently rectified the app’s zoom levels - very usable now. Thanks for sorting it out.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tracks4Africa Enterprises (Pty) Ltd
- 131.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Tracks4Africa Enterprises (Pty) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- South Africa Guide 2021 Q2 R119.99
- Botswana Guide 2021 Q1 R119.99
- Namibia Guide 2021 Q1 R119.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.