Connecting a billion people with calls, chats, and more
WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated several features.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am having problems with my Wechat pay. I recently got myself a Chinese bank card and linked it with my Wechat. However I am having problems accessing my banking details through Wechat pay and I think it might due to an international Wechat version not a Chinese one. So how do I convert the current one that I am using to a chinese version??
Poor security outcomes
App Security screens out honest users, unable to recover my account so I have deleted the app. If you are going to put security measures in place make sure it does not screen out the honest users and retain the crooks. I have lost trust in this application. Make sure the app is fit for purpose before making it available. Security should be outcomes based. BTW this app has such a limited following in South Africa that asking another user to verify your account is never going to work if almost nobody has heard of it. Poor design and disappointing. Perhaps venture out of your fish tank into the real world if you are designing effective security measures. You may be surprised that you will never gain markets hare with such a poorly thought out security policy, good luck with that. I will stick with WhatsApp as at least many people over here use it.
Blocked again, for unknown reasons, 24 hours after getting unblocked
Great app, but it wasn’t so great when you I got blocked without any explanation, I followed the steps to get unblocked and I got an approval. 24 hours later I get blocked again. And the to get unblocked is an a pain. As one of the requirements to get unblocked I have to find someone who has created an account in the last six months to help verify my account and that person can only help only once a month and 3 times in a year to verify other user accounts . In the last six months??? That’s crazy, especially when I live in a country which uses WeChat as as one of their main instant messaging platform. I had to ask a 7 people the first time before I could finally find one with a recently opened account.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
- 477.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2011 - 2021 Tencent Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Onigiri&Friends R19.99
- Hello, Crayon R19.99
- DURURU R19.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.