Interactive chat story
Sneaky Crab, Inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
*** Best iOS Game & Developer of the Year, AppleVis Golden Apples 2016 ***
*** Apple Watch Best of 2015 ***
“An interesting story... Simple fun.” - The New York Times
“Worth a look–even if you’re not a fan of interactive fiction–as this is the best one so far.” - RNIB Connect Radio
“The meteors will obliterate everything, and all I can do is watch.
You don't know how glad I am you can see my messages.
It means, in this moment, I don't have to die alone.”
In Timecrest, where epic fantasy meets interactive fiction, author Lisa J. Skye introduces you to Ash Elden, where together you both must scramble to solve the puzzle of who unfroze the meteors to destroy Ash’s world of Alyncia. You discover that you have access to a forbidden magic–the ability to turn back time.
Every choice you make matters and will change the outcome of this massive 500,000-word interactive story, leading to one of multiple endings. Immerse yourself within the emotional soundtrack and explore the non-linear maps.
With your new incredible powers, who will you choose to live and let die?
This single app contains three incredible stories:
- Timecrest 1: Fated Connections
- Timecrest 2: The Door
- Timecrest 3: Luthor
- EXPERIENCE AN EPIC STORY with over 500,000 words and multiple endings.
- DECIDE who lives and who dies. Your decisions change the story, so choose wisely.
- EXPLORE ALYNCIA at your own pace with our new non-linear maps.
- IMMERSE YOURSELF in a world of fantasy and magic, with 34 musical tracks to set the scene.
- BUILD A TEAM and make friends. Unlock secret storylines by building your relationship with other characters.
Timecrest is a nonlinear story-based game with multiple endings where every choice you make matters. The story progresses in realtime. Ash will be notifying you of what is happening in Alyncia and awaits your guidance throughout the day.
What would you do with the power to turn back time?
Praise for Timecrest:
“Timecrest stands out from many of the other interactive fiction games I've played.” - AFB, AccessWorld Magazine
“The characters really do draw you in.” - Jamie Pauls
“It's not just a survival, yes/no–binary choice thing. It's like you're watching actual characters, actual people, living actual lives.” - Alex Hall
“With its developer actively engaging with the AppleVis community to learn how to improve the accessibility of the app and then acting on this feedback, it is no surprise that Timecrest has become a firm favorite with many blind gamers.” - AppleVis
Completely rewritten Timecrest for Apple Watch with beautiful modern UI and amazing animations.
- The watchOS app now requires watchOS 9.
- Timecrest for Apple Watch is now 100% accessible.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 13 where an option may reference a party that you did not go to.
- Fixed a bug where if you load a game without going to the Messages screen first, the game crashes
- Made it so both the date and the fast mode indicator can be displayed at the same time.
- Fixed Merchant "Daily Teleport Orbs" to "Daily Teleport Orb"
- Can now earn 25 Time Crystals for joining the unofficial fan Discord server
- Fix map pluralization for slow path
- On an invalid Segment Id error, now gives an opportunity to contact support instead of being stuck in a crash loop.
- VoiceOver: Added 2-finger scrub gesture to some places it was missing.
- VoiceOver: Fixed an issue where Descriptive Help incorrectly mentioned “Settings” in Messages.
- VoiceOver: In Music Player, accessibility label now says which track is now playing at the beginning.
- VoiceOver: Added 2-finger scrub for Special packs and Maps
Ratings and Reviews
I really appreciate the time and effort the developers put in this story to make it so spectacular. I still can’t believe that this awesome cream pie of an interactive storyline is free. The music soundtrack is superb; there’s just the right amount of peppy and outgoing, and deep and creepy. Ash is a wonderfully developed person, as well as all the other characters you’ll meet. You feel like you’re actually conversing with real people. Every decision you make affects what happens later in the story, and I’ve made many stupid decisions before I found my favorite timeline. The thought that goes into a world-build like this is enormous, and I just can’t thank the creators and developers enough.
On a side note, know that this game is not meant to be played in one or two days; it adds realism and suspense, as well as a connection to the characters. You can buy some stones (Tome Crystals) to speed up the time waiting, and I encourage you to do so, to help out the people who made this lovely chocolate milkshake! But waiting is also a good thing as well.
I can’t even remember how many run-throughs I’ve been through, but one at least at 9, and I’ve gotten new information almost every time in this story! I love it so much, 10/10 would recommend!
I personally have always been in love with “choose your own adventure” style books. I grew up with them and it’s always been a staple to my childhood. Sadly, as I’ve grown up through the years, there are less and less stories like this that are worth reading, I have looked through some apps that claim that they are choose your own adventure type stories, but it’s more like a choose your own death in 1min, or 5min. There’s no way that anyone can be entertained by those. With this app, it encapsulates you this great story to which you truly do get to dole out fate, you are able to choose what happens and your choices mean something else further along in the readings. This app is fantastic, not only do you get to enjoy the reading factor, you also get the gameplay with Morty and having an inventory where you can buy what you need to in order to keep Ash safe. This truly does deserve 5 stars, and anyone else that rated it lower just wasn’t looking for a good “choose your own adventure” styled app.
I love this app. The text is beautiful, the characters are intriguing, and the story is amazing. Also, I haven’t read a single review that mentions the MUSIC! The music is amazing, and it is actually something that I listen to outside of playing the game. Also, a lot of people complained about the wait time. Three words. Rea list ic. I mean, you can’t expect him to just figure out how to cast a spell out of him air, can you? Sure, it does take a fair amount of time for him to accomplish some things, but that’s a small price to pay for the amazing story. It has made me laugh, cry, and want to help him beyond what I can say in the app. I read a couple of reviews saying that Ash is snobby and/or whiny. NOT TRUE. He is thoughtful, kind and empathetic, and I haven’t seen him whine in the entire story- and I’m at least three quarters of the way through! I am not trying to disrespect anyone’s opinion, I just wish some people would be a bit more empathetic. Overall, this is a great game, and I highly recommend that you get it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sneaky Crab, Inc.
- 315.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Sneaky Crab, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 300 Time Crystals $0.99
- 1296 Time Crystals $3.99
- 3330 Time Crystals $9.99
- 6900 Time Crystals $19.99
- Memory Oracle Starter Pack $2.99
- 636 Time Crystals $1.99
- One Time Welcome Pack $5.99
- 6,330 Time Crystals $18.99
- 2310 Time Crystals $6.99
- 34479 Time Crystals $99.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.