"This app is exactly what I've been looking for. Gave my fiancé my phone to set a password so I can't delete the app when urges kick in. This app will play a vital role in my recovery from porn addiction."
xBlock lets you browse the web safely by blocking millions of porn sites and explicit content:
Works in your Safari browser. No other browser needed. Consider deleting other browsers or apps that make adult content accessible.
Keeps you or others from disabling or deleting xBlock with a passcode using the restrictions settings of your phone. Only the accountability partner will know the passcode.
EXPLICIT IMAGES HIDDEN
Pornographic and explicit images are blocked, additionally other potential sources for porn such as Tumblr, Flickr, Pinterest or Reddit.
NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, NO SIGNUP
Enable xBlock and you are good to go. Install the blocker on all your connected iOS devices. There are no hidden costs.
PERFECT FOR FAMILIES
Let your loved ones browse the web with confidence. Install xBlock on all of your device and let the blocker protect them.
BLACKLIST AND SUPPORT
Add additional websites to a blacklist within restrictions or contact our support team when you find explicit content.
The app requires devices with a 64-bit processor.
xBlock is for everyone:
- Help to stay focussed and not being tempted to look for porn
- Protect your kids from looking at porn
- Addicted to pornography and wants to reboot
If you find inappropriate (adult) content, that is not blocked by safari, please drop us a line. We will fix it:
* Improved stability and performance for a better & safer browser experience
Have a blessed day
Ratings and Reviews
Before getting this app, I struggled to get rid of porn in my life but now I am enjoying a porn free life.
What separates this app from the free porn blockers is the built in passcode system in which you have to put in a passcode in order to install or delete apps. This is what I recommend you do if you struggling with porn.
1. Have someone set the passcode without you seeing it then have them write the passcode on sticky note.
2. Take the sticky note(without looking at it) and place it is a hard to get to area. For example, I placed mine in my moms house.
3. Doing this will prevent you from deleting the app whenever you have a urge and if you ever do need to install or delete an app you can always access the sticky note then create a new passcode. If I ever have a strong urge I would have to drive to my moms house, get the sticky note, and delete the app. And by the time I do that the urge will already have passed.
This is an extreme measure but other methods did not work me and I highly recommend it if you are struggling to overcome your addiction. Best of luck!
I know there is a steep price for the app; but, you have to ask yourself: what is more important? Saving 40$ or getting rid of a an destructive habit that has prevented you from reaching your potential. For me, the choice was easy :)
good at blocking porn, also blocks many other things
This content blocker app is good at what its name says it does: blocking porn. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to block many other things that aren't porn. This is rather frustrating and (assuming you haven't restricted enabling/disabling the app) results in the fairly frequent need to disable the blocker to view articles/sites that have nothing to do with porn. I wish the blocker were smarter and provided a way to whitelist specific sites or domains.
• Overzealous in blocking porn. It seems to filter out sites using a word search, with many of those words having fairly common usage in non-porn contexts. Other words that are nearly only used in the context of porn AREN'T blocked — maybe they're too niche for the app writer to be aware of? Would be good if there were a way to suggest words.
• Constantly blocks pages on Wikipedia and technical articles. As someone who browses Wikipedia a lot, this is really annoying. I'd love it if I could whitelist the domain.
• Blocks some sites that couldn't conceivably be considered porn. Articles, how-to guides, medical/health information, ... maps...
This app is an answer to prayer. I come from a marriage destroyed by pornography which led to more extreme behaviors. Raising a son, I've been super concerned about protecting him. Why are we putting mini computers in the hands of children where they can access stuff that can destroy their lives?? I asked God to lead me to something like this! All of the other filters I have seen replace safari with another browser that does not work well. This app filters safari instead. Jonathan is great about answering questions and helping and he is so quick to reply. I couldn't be happier to have found this. I recommended it to kids in the youth group at my church last night where I am a leader. Thanking God I found this app!
- Jonathan Arnold
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Jonathan Arnold
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.