Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
We'd appreciate any feedback or bug reports!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Soundfont (sf2/sfz) support: free GS/GM Soundfont included, add more from the Soundfont shop or from your own collection
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Track freezing to save CPU usage
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• Punch in/out
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• AudioShare support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
Zooming vertically now centers on zoom point
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Recorded 48 tracks from my Midas M32r!
Great DAW app removed one star because it’s a CPU hog when running instrument synths. AUM can handle 8 plus synth apps on my iPad Pro, AE gets cpu overloads with 4 synths. I hope this can be fixed in an update. Great for backup recordings to my iPad off my M32r so its worth the price just for that, and able to get files off to my Mac Pro easily unlike N-track where you have to jump through hoops to get them off. That being said N track has easily selectable channel outputs when connected to my board, with AE you have to setup mix buses to output each track to separate channels. N track creates them for you when you select an output. N track also can handle a lot more AU synths. I really like AE so hoping they keep improving on it and for the price it can’t be beat.
I have all of the iOS DAWs and this one is #1
Like the title says, I have all the iOS DAWs including Auria Pro, Cubasis 2, GarageBand, Nano Studio 2......etc, etc. I have used Auria Pro and Cubasis 2 as my main workhorses. Auria Pro for its bussing, Cubasis 2 because of its much better work flow. By sheer accident or by divine fate I stumbled upon this DAW and at first I almost passed it by. With the puny $9 price point what could it possibly offer that I already had? Well, for whatever reason I decided to download it. My two biggest gripes about Cubasis are the lack of busses and lack of markers, which is something I use quite a bit of. Auria Pro has the busses but I just cannot get into the workflow of that software. Audio Evolution has it all and more! The workflow is seamless AND it covers busses and markers. I think the developers have lost their mind on the price point! If you are looking for an iOS DAW or are just tired of all the work arounds required by the others then I seriously suggest giving Audio Evolution a try. THIS is what I’ve been looking for all along! I’ve been an iOS musician since 2014 and a recording musician for over 35 years, so I’ve had some experience with these things. I finally feel like my search for an iOS DAW is over.
Great for what it is!
Seeing a lot of negative reviews for this nitpicking at what it doesn't include at the base price of FREE. I just wanted something that I could route all of my audiobus 3 channels into that would actually treat them as multi tracks. I already have some great apps on my laptop so I didn't want to drop another $20-$40 just for a multi track app on iPad. This met my basic requirements and gave me a ton more. The only feature requests at this point would be a way to view the whole mixer as a separate window from the tracks as well as view track labels when recording.
- Davy Wentzler
- 125.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © eXtream Software Development
- In-App Purchases
- PRO (v1.x only) $5.99
- ToneBoosters EQ $1.99
- ToneBoosters FX pack 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.