Find hidden gems. Sign up to walking challenges. Enjoy routes made just for you and walk the greenest way from A to B. Your very own walking companion!
Go Jauntly is a free award-winning walking, wayfinding and nature connection app. You don’t need to travel to the great outdoors for a great hike. Discover the greenest, quietest, least polluted walks in your local area.
We help you discover new walking routes straight from your door, connect you with everyday nature. Point you in the direction of the greenest route from A to B, helping you to become happier and healthier.
You can also enjoy micro adventures on foot and celebrate your daily walking wins via our new 'Walking Challenges feature'. We use your HealthKit activity data to log your progress so you may unlock walking stamps and badges.
Nature Notes encourages you to note down the “good things” in everyday urban nature helping to play a role in self-management of mental health and wellbeing. We are a growing community so no matter where you are, download the app. You can even add your own favourite trails to help to spread, Happiness Outdoors!
Winner of Civic Innovation Challenge supported by The London Mayor & Transport for London
Winner of Cities Tech for Good category from DigitalAgenda
Webby Nominee 2018 - Voted top 5 Lifestyle App in the World
- “Smartphones are often accused of absenting their users from company, but this application has the opposite effect.” The Guardian
- “GoJauntly recommends places nearby that are good for a constitutional.” The Telegraph
- "Fancy escaping the city for a stroll through the woods? This app lets you discover tailor-made walks in your area." BBC
Using Go Jauntly outside of the UK? We have over 1500 walks in the app with the vast majority in the UK. We also have walks in places across the world such as Europe, Sydney, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Italy, Sri Lanka and many more destinations.
Download the Go Jauntly app for free or help our cause by upgrading to the paid subscription and support our venture.
Free to use
• Free access to the majority of our walking routes made by the community and our brilliant partners.
• Enjoy the greenest walking route from A to B and enjoy unique nature filled walks straight from your doorstep
• Use our Nature Notes feature to capture the good things you see in nature and bring about clinically significant benefits to mental wellbeing
• Sign up to walking challenges which integrates with HealthKit and boost your physical and mental wellbeing.
• Share your favourite walking trails with the community by adding photos, directions and key points of interest for others to enjoy.
• Download all our walking trails for offline use. Great for low-connectivity areas or conserving battery and data usage.
• Get 100% access to our premium curated walking routes and guided tours
• Save more than 5 walks for later
• Download the GPX files from our dynamic green routes walking map, perfect for runners too!
• Support our venture to get more people walking and enjoying nature and the outdoors and help to keep the app free.
Go Jauntly offers two optional auto-renewing subscription options:
£1.99 per month
£19.99 per year (12 months for the price of 10)
These prices are for UK customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
New FREE ‘Walking Challenges’ feature available now! Enjoy micro adventures on foot and celebrate your daily walking wins via our new walking challenges feature. Unlock and collect badges whilst walking more. Feel happier and healthier.
You can sign up to eligible challenges for free and there’ll be a range of challenges to suit a variety of activity levels. Challenges can be synced with Apple HealthKit or alternatively you can manually add activity. And finally…..
Don’t forget to check out your personalised “Routes for You” collection available exclusively on iOS. Whether you’re trying to get from A to B, or fancy a new local jaunt, our new feature intelligently shows you the greenest walking routes nearby, wherever you are in the UK or Ireland. We'd love your help to make the routes even better! So please upvote or downvote the paths, send in your feedback to help us improve the routes for the future.
We hope that you love these new features as much as much. IF you run into any app troubles or have any questions, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re pretty good at getting back to you super quickly. x
This version includes: Improvements to the walking map to display route information more clearly and allow press and hold whilst you already have a route visible. Improvements to notification scheduling on challenges.
Ratings and Reviews
TfL puts this useless app on its website, but the app’s content is subpar to other info on TfL...Who needs to be taught how to walk? Pretty pictures and instructions only with no map? And the app is super super slow and power consuming. I don’t know why TfL got rid of their walking maps and put this on instead.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, oops of course there's maps, how could you possibly navigate without a map? All you need to do is flip to map view and there you go! Sorry that you missed hitting the Map Icon, it's always present. By the way, worry not, TfL haven't got rid of any walking maps so I think you've got your wires crossed there we're afraid. You can still navigate the Capital Ring and the Jubilee Walkway via PDF's on the TfL website if you like. We'll look into the power consumption you mention as we've not heard that before. Have a good day! Thanks, Go Jauntly.
I thought this app would “put you there” by showing videos of the walks. But it’s just a few static photos with captions. Ho hum . . .
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, we're a walking app not a virtual reality app. We "put you there" by helping you to actually get there so you can experience non-virtual reality. We know that everyone wants and needs escapism right now and I'm sorry that we let you down on that one. There's loads of great mindful walking videos on youtube which might meet your needs. Have a lovely day. Love from GJ x
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Go Jauntly Ltd
- 77.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Go Jauntly Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Yearly Subscription $21.99