Go Jauntly is a free award-winning walking and nature connection app. We help people discover new walking routes, connect with nature and enjoy outdoor adventures. Our brand new nature connection feature, Nature Notes encourages you to note down the “good things” in everyday urban nature helping to play a role in self-management of mental health and wellbeing.
We are a growing community so no matter where you are, download the app. Use our point-to-point walking map or enjoy existing walking routes. You can even add your own favourite trails to help to spread, Happiness Outdoors!
- “Smartphones are often accused of absenting their users from company, but this application has the opposite effect.” The Guardian
- “GoJauntly recommends places nearby that are good for a constitutional.” The Telegraph
- "Fancy escaping the city for a stroll through the woods? This app lets you discover tailor-made walks in your area." BBC Focus & Science Focus Online
- Our research shows that walking makes people feel calm and happy and helps improve your mood. Did you know a short walk is as good as a long walk for that!
Using Go Jauntly outside of the UK? We have over 1000 walks in the app with the vast majority in the UK. We also have walks in places across the world such as Europe, Sydney, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Italy, Sri Lanka and many more destinations.
Winner of Civic Innovation Challenge supported by The London Mayor & Transport for London
Winner of Cities Tech for Good category from DigitalAgenda
Webby Nominee 2018 - Voted top 5 Lifestyle App in the World
Download the Go Jauntly app for free or help our cause by upgrading to the paid subscription to support our venture and unlock the premium walks and download all of our walking trails offline.
Free to use
• Free access to the majority of our walking routes from the community, our walking ambassadors and our brilliant partners.
• Use our walking map to find point to point walking routes, street tree names in London and other handy information such as local train stations,
• Share your favourite walking trails with the community by adding photos, directions and key points of interest for others to enjoy.
• Use our new Nature Notes feature to reconnect with nature.
• Download all of our walking trails for offline use. Great for low-connectivity areas, conserving battery and data usage.
• Get 100% access to some of our premium curated walking routes and guided tours
• Support our venture to get more people walking and enjoying nature and the outdoors and help to keep the app free.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY!
The Go Jauntly community is a growing number of people from every walk of life. Whether you're a city worker keen to discover somewhere nearby for a lunchtime stroll or an urban walk, looking for a new playground for the kids, or someone who enjoys nature connection or wanderlust. Our community is about discovery, sharing and celebrating the outdoors in all its guises. So come on in and discover the hidden gems!
Go Jauntly offers two optional auto-renewing subscription options:
£1.99 per month
£19.99 per year (12 months for the price of 10)
These prices are for United Kingdom customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Like many others during the pandemic, our small team (there’s like 3 of us there or thereabouts), have been hunkering down and staying home. Apart from looking after our own families and mental health, we have been beavering away on a brand new FREE nature connection feature, Nature Notes.
Created in partnership with the Nature Connectedness Research Group at the University of Derby, Nature Notes is based on a research app and study, we were involved with which examined the responses of more than 800 people, including 150 people with a mental health condition. The study demonstrated that engaging with nature and tuning into nature boosts your connection with the natural world and plays an important role in maintaining good mental health and wellbeing.
Nature Notes is a bit like a nature diary or journal to capture the good things you see in everyday nature. Daily prompts remind you to notice the natural world and can be used as a tool to help you self-manage mental health and wellbeing during this time of crisis - and beyond. Nature Notes can be used within your home or garden or as part of your local walks and outdoor adventures.
Now more than ever before, a new relationship with the natural world is fundamental to helping us navigate social and physical distancing, climate breakdown and the trials and tribulations of modern life.
Nature Notes is really simple to use:
Take a moment to pause and notice the good things in nature.
It could be as simple as noticing a bird singing or the colours and movement of a tree in the breeze - and the joy and calm it brings.
When you're ready, write a short note in the app about a good thing you noticed in nature. You can include a picture if you like.
Doing this everyday for a week can provide a month's wellbeing benefit.
We hope that you enjoy this new feature! There’s more to come so do let us know if you have any questions or comments or need help over at email@example.com. Take care and stay safe!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
TfL puts this useless app on its website, but the app’s content is subpar to other info on TfL...Who needs to be taught how to walk? Pretty pictures and instructions only with no map? And the app is super super slow and power consuming. I don’t know why TfL got rid of their walking maps and put this on instead.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, oops of course there's maps, how could you possibly navigate without a map? All you need to do is flip to map view and there you go! Sorry that you missed hitting the Map Icon, it's always present. By the way, worry not, TfL haven't got rid of any walking maps so I think you've got your wires crossed there we're afraid. You can still navigate the Capital Ring and the Jubilee Walkway via PDF's on the TfL website if you like. We'll look into the power consumption you mention as we've not heard that before. Have a good day! Thanks, Go Jauntly.
I thought this app would “put you there” by showing videos of the walks. But it’s just a few static photos with captions. Ho hum . . .
- Go Jauntly Ltd
- 191.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Go Jauntly Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Yearly Subscription $21.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.