Say it after me “I will become my best future self through mindful eating!” Now take your first step by capturing your next meal, why you ate, and how it made you feel.
Remember, HEALTH IS PHYSICAL, MENTAL & EMOTIONAL (+ SOCIAL).
Focus on all four to discover your true potential!
Ate is the most mindful & easiest to use Food Journal ever.
It only takes 3 taps to log a meal. Try it out today!
Ate let’s you:
- Quickly capture meals using photos.
- Easily reflect on and record why you ate.
- Take a quick glance of your last meal using Widgets.
- Build sustainable healthy behaviors for lasting change.
- Experiment with new habits, to see what works for you.
- Automatically track your fasting (IF 16/8).
- Share your journey with friends or your coach.
- Share your day on Social media, if you desire.
- Export, customize, capture more (water, activities, etc.) by upgrading to our Premium subscription.
Say goodbye to mindless eating and become a better version of yourself with Ate!
Don’t wait, start food journaling today with the #1 Mindful Photo Food Diary!
With all the distractions and stress that is present in our lives, it's no surprise that many of us end up eating mindlessly. We end up forgetting what and why we truly are eating. We just simply turn to food, shovel it down and move on.
The impact of this behavior on our health is physical, mental, and emotional. Getting us into a loop where we find ourselves digging a deeper hole to health problems. We try diets and other quick fixes, but all they do for us, in the long run, is cause us to be even more stressed and frustrated.
That is why we built Ate, the mindful food diary that is thoughtfully designed to help you be more self-aware of your eating habits, behaviors, and feelings. All done without ever judging you or making you feel bad.
An easy to use food diary built around positive reinforcement. Something that easily fits into your life and you will enjoy using. A tool to help you discover behaviors that are taking you forward, and turn them into healthy habits. While suggesting you new behaviors to replace the other behaviors that would have taken you in the wrong direction.
We worked with health professionals around the world and built the app on journaling techniques that have been proven over decades.
This food diary app is not about crash diets or restrictive living by calorie counting. It’s about building a sustainable, healthy lifestyle. A better version of yourself one small habit at a time. Something that you can easily maintain and enjoy in the long run.
Download the Ate Food Diary today and start on your new path!
We don’t run ads, we don’t share your data with others, we respect your privacy.
Ate’s core features are free to use and will stay free. We do offer a premium membership that will unlock features such as custom Q&As, liquid and activity tracking, the ability to share your profile via the web (or a PDF) and to reuse your favorite photos when saving a meal. You can sign up for monthly, quarterly and yearly auto-renewing plans.
- Export your stats and entries for the past 7-days as a beautiful PDF.
- Customizable Q&As under meal details for more personalized tracking
- Use giant Emojis in your answers for easy selection and tons of fun
- Customizable Experiments and Lookback option
- Water, coffee, juice, & other liquid trackers
- Customizable mood & feelings tracker
- Activity tracker
- Sync with Apple Health for Activity & Water
- Anytime notes
- Favorites to reuse meal photos
- Timeline/Profile web sharing (read-only)
Subscription processing is handled by Apple. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account when you confirm your purchase. Subscription renews automatically at the same price unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription term. You can manage subscriptions in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the subscription term.
Export your 7-Day Journal summary in PDF format.
(Requires Premium subscription. Free Trial available!)
In today’s update, we are releasing the long awaited export feature as part of our Premium offering. It creates a beautiful PDF export of your last 7-day stats and journal entries. So now you can share your journal both through the previously available read-only website or through this new PDF export.
If you are not on Premium yet, we have a Free trial available for you to try it.
Would love to hear your feedback regarding this new feature!
We have also added a new login method (Google), improved memory usage and fixed bugs throughout the app.
Love Ate? Rate us! Your feedback is really important for us, and it helps us make the app even better. (It’s also super motivational. We love reading the stories of how you are using Ate.)
Are you a Health Coach? Did you know about our Ate Coach Dashboard at youate.com/coach? Check it out if you haven’t.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, reach out to us via our in-app support channels or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using Ate!
Ratings and Reviews
The little things are big...
After YouFood ended, I was lost. I loved taking pics of my food to keep a journal, but at some point, I realized that habitually taking the photo just became habit and I always wished for more. So far, it seems that “Ate” has it. First, as simple s concept as it is, I love, love, love the on and off path option. Actively saying that I am “on path” is an motivator😇 that I did not anticipate. Likewise, who wants to admit that they’re “off path” 🤷🏽♀️? I also love the integration of my water and exercise efforts as well. I’ve only been doing it for three days, so I haven’t really gotten into all of the other benefits but I also like the idea of tracking why I eat, whether I eat at home or out, how the meal was prepared, how I was feeling when I ate and a big one...who I ate with 😉! I have a feeling that in time, I’m going to see some real trends that will expose for me why I eat the way I eat and more importantly how much I eat. Aside from always saying “I just love food”, that’s a question that I don’t think I’ve truly figured out just yet. Now, I just need to find some friends for more accountability. I’m trying the upgrade and had marked my calendar to cancel after 14 days, planning to be unfulfilled, but I know already that I’m in. Yearly plan paid for. Wish me luck! P.S. I swear I’m not a developer or a friend or family member of theirs and I can prove it. Just try it and see for yourself! 😂😂
Most useful and efficient food tracking
I’ve tried myfitnesspal calorie counting, daily photo journals, and also just writing out the food but the interface of this app is aesthetically pleasing and visually appealing as well as directed. The option to chose “off path” or “on path” with the reminder of what your current goal is at the top of the screen is brilliantly simple and helps me to minimize obsessive food thoughts like “I ate so bad I’m so fat” or “i ate an apple today so that makes up for the ice cream and chips and cookies I ate the rest of the day” etc etc. It even lets you make a collage of your food pictures at the end of the day, which is a perfect way to visualize what you’re putting into your body. Oh, and you can track calories in the comments under your picture but you can also track where you ate, if you ate alone or with people, why you ate, and how it made you feel which is a genius way to help people make the lifestyle change into eating healthier (instead of forcing yourself to eat ‘healthy’ foods you despise you can focus on the healthy foods you adore). I’ve been searching for an app like this for years and I’m very happy I’ve finally come across it. I hope to use it for a while, and I really appreciate that it’s a free app with no ads. Hands down my favorite health app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks. Happy to hear that it's working out for you and that it made your favorite health app list. Enjoy your path!
So far, so good!
I’ve been using ate for about a week, and there are several things I love about it:
1. Flexibility. The app allows me to define my own goal, how I want to try to achieve it, and which factors I want to track.
2. Ease. Tracking calories is tedious, especially if you cook a lot of your own food, and it can be impossible when you eat out. And really, I know when I’m making healthy choices and when I’m not. With ate, all I have to do is take a quick photo (only momentarily awkward over lunch with colleagues) and follow up later to answer a few questions about it.
3. Positivity. The app encourages me to think about how I make choices about food and how those choices make me feel, rather than focusing solely on calories or weight goals. This seems more sustainable — if I feel better today because I ate better, I’m likely to continue eating better, instead of giving up because I’m discouraged by my slowly changing body. I also like that the app subtly encourages me to aim to be 70% to 90% on track, as a reminder not to get down on myself for occasional treats.
4. Graphs! I love data. And since I tend to compartmentalize poor dietary choices from meal to meal and day to day, it’s exactly what I need to give myself perspective on how I’m doing overall, not just today.
Developer Response ,
Great to hear that you are loving the app. Our goal was to build an easy to use photo based food diary that is non-judgmental and helps you make a sustainable lifestyle change. Feel great about what you ate!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Piqniq Inc.
- 142.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Piqniq, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Food Journal Premium - Monthly $9.99
- Food Journal Premium - Yearly $59.99
- Food Journal Premium Quarterly $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.