Shopify Ping lets you use the power of chat to grow your Shopify business. Manage your marketing activities and build customer relationships from a single app – for free.
A BETTER BUYING EXPERIENCE
Customers who chat with a brand are nearly three times more likely to complete a purchase and half as likely to return their order.
Use Ping to:
• Save time by managing customer conversations from different services within a single app
• Send products, discounts, and new orders from your Shopify store directly inside conversations with just a few taps
• Set hours of availability and manage automated messages while you're available or away
• Support your customers effortlessly and turn conversations into sales
Ping supports managing customer conversations from all your favorite services:
Shopify Chat is a free tool built by Shopify that lets visitors chat live with you while they’re browsing your online store.
APPLE BUSINESS CHAT
Let customers contact you with the Messages app on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac. With Apple Pay, they can even complete purchases without leaving the conversation.
Chat with Facebook users who message you through Facebook Messenger.
Using Ping also gives you access to Kit, your free virtual assistant. Kit helps you expand your reach.
• Make proactive recommendations on how to manage and market your store
• Help you create and edit ads, posts, and emails with rich inline previews
• Execute tasks through conversation, saving you time and effort
Use Kit to help you with:
• Social media posts
• Facebook & Instagram ads
• Retargeting campaigns
• Email marketing
• Inventory sourcing
• Editing product photos
• Search engine optimization
• And more
Shopify Ping is designed exclusively for use with your Shopify store.
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
Call us at 1-888-746-7439 for 24/7 support. You can also visit the Shopify Help Center.
• You will now see recommendations on the main screen to help you get the most out of the app.
• We've improved the experience of managing Kit and the messaging apps that work with Ping.
• We've made improvements in the speed and performance of the app.
• Shopify Ping is now available for the iPad.
• You can now create templated replies to speed up your response time in conversations with customers. Use shortcuts to quickly access your saved replies while typing.
• We've added the ability to set your hours of availability and manage automated messages while you're available or away.
We love hearing your feedback! Please let us know what you think of Shopify Ping by leaving a review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The customer chat feature leaves much to be desired. There is a lag between when a customer sends a message and when you receive it. Often times, the customer seems to have closed out of the chat even when I reply instantly. It would be great to know whether the customer read and received the message or if I am just typing into an abyss.
The Kit marketing feature is kind of lame. It doesn’t result in any sales for me and it is always suggesting to market products that “are popular this week” when they’re not actually popular products. It’s all counterproductive and I’ve spent a couple hundred dollars on advertising and have only lost money.
A good start..
I’ve had my saved replies removed/deleted twice now.... why?
I would like the customer to fill out who they are and possibly see if they've ordered before, if they have abondoned cart, etc so you know who you are talking to. Right now it's just a generic ID being assigned to each person and I find that most conversations because of this are very unnecessary. When I fill in my info on a chat box it's because I need something or help. I find because it's so easy to enter anything, useless time is spent responding to people who don't respond back.
No Images in Chat
I love the app, it works great. Sometimes there is a slight delay with receiving messages from the customer, but it’s nothing drastic.
The only thing I hope to see is the ability to receive images from customers. One of the things we use the chat feature is for receiving discount codes. Customers need to be able to send in a screenshot as proof of giveaway completion. Unfortunately, we don’t receive images.
We hope this feature is added in the future.
Developer Response ,
Hello George Dreemer and thanks for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it.
Currently you can receive images from customers who are messaging your store through Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. We do not yet have this feature in Shopify Chat. If you have Messenger and/or Apple Business Chat enabled on your store and are still having problems with customers sending you photos, then please do reach out to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.