Shopify Ping lets you use the power of chat to grow your Shopify business. Manage your marketing activities and build customer relationships from a single app – for free.
A BETTER BUYING EXPERIENCE
Customers who chat with a brand are nearly three times more likely to complete a purchase and half as likely to return their order.
Use Ping to:
• Save time by managing customer conversations from different services within a single app
• Send products, discounts, and new orders from your Shopify store directly inside conversations with just a few taps
• Set hours of availability and manage automated messages while you're available or away
• Support your customers effortlessly and turn conversations into sales
Ping supports managing customer conversations from all your favorite services:
Shopify Chat is a free tool built by Shopify that lets visitors chat live with you while they’re browsing your online store.
APPLE BUSINESS CHAT
Let customers contact you with the Messages app on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac. With Apple Pay, they can even complete purchases without leaving the conversation.
Chat with Facebook users who message you through Facebook Messenger.
Meet Kit, your virtual employee, who you can chat with directly in Ping to help manage and market your Shopify store. Kit can execute tasks through a simple conversation, saving you time and effort. Kit will also provide intelligent marketing recommendations that will drive more visitors to your store and help you connect with your customers.
Use Kit to help you with:
• Social media posts
• Facebook & Instagram ads
• Retargeting campaigns
• Email marketing
• Inventory sourcing
• Editing product photos
• Search engine optimization
• And more
Shopify Ping is designed exclusively for use with your Shopify store.
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
For 24/7 support visit the Shopify Help Center: help.shopify.com
• Kit is now seamlessly integrated into Ping to help you build your business
• Kit will send you proactive recommendations about marketing and more
• Say "Hi" to Kit anytime to have Kit send emails to your customers or provide updates on your sales
• Connecting Kit to Facebook is now only required if you want Kit to help you run ads to drive more traffic to your store
• Customer conversations now include events when your store visitors switch from chat to text message or email
We love hearing your feedback! Please let us know what you think of Shopify Ping by leaving a review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Images in Chat
I love the app, it works great. Sometimes there is a slight delay with receiving messages from the customer, but it’s nothing drastic.
The only thing I hope to see is the ability to receive images from customers. One of the things we use the chat feature is for receiving discount codes. Customers need to be able to send in a screenshot as proof of giveaway completion. Unfortunately, we don’t receive images.
We hope this feature is added in the future.
Developer Response ,
Hello George Dreemer and thanks for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it.
Currently you can receive images from customers who are messaging your store through Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. We do not yet have this feature in Shopify Chat. If you have Messenger and/or Apple Business Chat enabled on your store and are still having problems with customers sending you photos, then please do reach out to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great concept, poor execution
Ping is a great concept for small business owners to be able to provide live customer service via chat, but the app itself is clunky.
When you’re having a chat with a customer, in Ping it gets broken out to different chat records (8+), so you don’t have the whole chat thread in one chat record. How was it built this poorly to function like this?
Search is completely useless. So if you’ve chatted with a customer a few weeks ago, and you want to find that chat to look at the history, it’s impossible. All searches always come up empty.
The welcome and away messages are nice, but they appear EVERY TIME a customer sends a message in a thread. So on the rare occasion that the chat is contained in a single thread, the welcome and away messages should only show once, after the first customer message.
No desktop or web app? Luckily I use a keyboard with my iPad, otherwise I would have deleted it s a long time ago. Of course it’s nice to be able to respond to customers on your phone, if you’re away from your home office, but it shouldn’t be the only way to use if.
Shopify is a phenomenal platform with excellent customer service. This app feels like it was thrown together as an afterthought.
Great Tool, Couple Annoying Things
Ping is a game changer for being able to help our customers immediately and effectively! It’s wonderful to have a tool that makes that communication possible.
There are two annoying things: 1) there is a constant “new/unread” message prompting you to begin advertising with Kit. Imagine an ad that never leaves your inbox—especially if you don’t require the services it’s offering. Annoying.
2) The other has probably been laid out a thousand times, but there’s no desktop application for Ping. So you can look forward to running all your online chats from your phone. Not really the way we like to spend our days! Nor is it very scalable — even with setting up shortcuts.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.