Book Track is an iPhone, iPad, and Mac app that can track your books — both the ones you own and the ones you hope to own in the future.
Avid readers know how difficult it can be to keep tabs on a growing book collection and that's where Book Track comes into its own by making it quicker and easier than ever to track your reading. Not only can you track all of the books that you own, as well as how far you've read, but you can also keep a wishlist of the books that you'd like to pick up in the future. Whether a book is in your 'Library' or your 'Wishlist,' Book Track displays information and gorgeous cover art for all of them. While Book Track uses information from the internet, more obscure books can also be added manually, too.
Book Track is a free app and is limited to 20 books. A single in-app purchase unlocks support for unlimited books across iPhone and iPad. A separate purchase is required to unlock the full Mac app.
Book Track users can look forward to:
- A synchronized list of books and information — whether you save a book on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it'll be synced across all devices. Both your Library and Wishlist will be synced seamlessly and automatically so you'll never lose a book again — or buy the same book twice because you forgot you already own it!
- Easy and comprehensive book organization — Every book you add to your Library can be marked as read, reading, or unread, with each book also supporting tags to help you find similar books throughout your collection. Book information like title, author, description, publisher, year of publication, genre, and even the description can also be edited to make your Library as accurate or personal as possible.
- Quote saving — Find a passage within a book that you want to save for later? Book Track can save your favorite quotes in one place so you can read them again later. You can even put them on your Home screen using a widget.
- All the stats, right where you'll see them — Book Track collects library and reading statistics and puts them right on your Home screen with gorgeous widgets. iPad users can enjoy an extra large widget with even more stats, too!
- Support for importing books from services like Goodreads, BookBuddy, Reading List, and more — It's never been easier to import your books from other apps and services so you don't have to start building your library all over again. Book collections can also be exported to PDF and CSV as well.
- Deep integration with iOS and macOS — Book Track includes support for the latest Apple features including Shortcuts and Siri, while Widgets can be used to put your favorite quotes right onto your Home screen.
- Privacy — Book Track doesn't collect any of your personal data and doesn't track you in any way. Books should be fun, not another reason to worry about your data privacy.
- Added the possibility to see the book list in the Statistics section
- Added the possibility to remove purchase and release date of the book
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Book Track is developed by a single developer. I’m happy to receive feedback and feature request. If you like the app, leave a review. If you need help, write an email to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Smooth sailing with a rather minor issue
Right off the bat I just like to say that this app is a dream for bibliophiles and avid readers alike. Every single feature is practical and really is the thing you need to organize your reading progress and library collection.
*Issue solved by restarting the phone. 5 starred. What a godsent app 🙌
(My only issue is...and I’m sure that the majority of users aren’t really bothered by it, is the app icon didn’t changed in the homescreen after I selected the one I prefer in the app’s settings. I’d love to go all black icons, and with the app providing the option to do so, I would love to see it realized. Thanks for the great app! What a purchase. I look forward to this minor fix.)
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
On my devices I’m able to change the app icon. Could you describe me the issue so I can replicate it? Do the other icons work?
It works but not well for a large collection or Goodreads import
Update to four stars, hoping to go to 5! Developer responds quickly and fixed the slow import problem and the last name sort problem. I continue to wish for the ability to do bulk tagging, but the developer moves so quickly I have hopes that he will add this ability soon.
I wanted a database with a tagging system into which I could import my large (over 4,000 volumes) collection of books from a CSV file generated by Goodreads. To the good, Book Track can import the Goodreads CSV information, has both a Mac and an iOS version, and supports tags. Unfortunately, it is very slow importing the CSV (so flow, it failed in iOS and took hours on my Mac), is slow adding tags (a noticeable delay for each tag), and does not support tagging multiple entries at one time. And, a deal breaker, does not for some odd reason use Goodread’s Last Name, First name column from the CSV file, and so alphabetizes the collection by first name. I'm reluctantly going back to Excel to handle my collection, despite having to give up on multiple tags for each book.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedbacks. As I’ve answered to your email, I’m working on a new version which will fix these issues. Stay tuned!
Great but needs some improvements
I really like this app! I love how I can sort my books by series and the statistics page is really helpful! However, I do have a few things I don’t like about it. I would like to have the option to list authors by their first name instead of last name. Also when you add a photo to a book it would be easier if the photo automatically resized to the necessary size instead of having me manually do it. It wasn’t easy to align and I think I cropped out part of the photo. Also, editing the book summary was difficult. It kept automatically taking me to the end of the summary even though I wanted to edit the beginning. Eventually I just deleted the whole thing and rewrote it. I still really like the app though and I hope these problems can be fixed!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simone Montalto
- 53.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Simone Montalto
- In-App Purchases
- Book Track Pro $5.99
- Medium tip $4.99
- Small tip $1.99
- Great tip $9.99
- Large tip $14.99
- Huge tip $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.