Bookshelf helps you track your books, build a lasting reading habit, and better remember what you read.
Add books you’ve read, books you’re reading, and books you want to read. Improve your reading habits with insightful stats and trend reports. Stay motivated with reading goals, streaks, and reminders. Remember what you read by writing and reviewing notes and quotes.
BUILD YOUR LIBRARY
• Quick Add - Build your library by searching through millions of books, scanning any book's barcode, or adding your own.
• Book Lists - Find your next great read with our NYT Bestseller lists and hand-curated collections.
• Everything Tracker - Easily manage book collections, reading status, star ratings, reading dates, and more for all your books.
• Reading Sessions* - Pick up a book, start a session, and we’ll track everything so you can focus on reading.
IMPROVE YOUR READING HABITS
• Reading Stats - Visualize your reading habits over time with charts and reading stats.
• Reading Goals - Create a reading goal for the year to motivate yourself to read more or challenge your friends!
• Estimated Completion Time - See how long it will take to finish any book with your average reading speed.
• Reading Streaks* - Stay motivated by keeping up your streak!
REMEMBER WHAT YOU READ
• Smart Notes* - Use cards to jot down notes or vocab, write a summary, or prepare study questions. Scan text directly from books to add them to your cards or add your own rich text
• Knowledge Quizzes* - Spaced repetition quizzes on your note cards that will significantly increase your retention, guaranteed.
• Reading Reminders* - Never forget to read or test your knowledge with timely notifications.
• Goodreads and Reading List Import - Get started instantly by importing your existing libraries with a tap.
• Cloud Sync* - Sync between your iOS devices so your library is always up-to-date.
• App Icons - Make Bookshelf your own with beautiful custom home screen icons.
• Library Export* - Never fear that you'll lose your books or notes with CSV library exports.
• Dark Mode - Beautiful during the day, gorgeous and eye-saving during the night.
Gold Lifetime will charge your Apple ID account once for infinite Gold status. Gold Yearly will charge your Apple ID account for 12 months of Gold status after a 7-day free trial unless cancelled within 24-hours before the end of the trial. Gold Monthly will charge your Apple ID account for 1 month of Gold status on confirmation of purchase
Bookshelf is ready for iOS16, with MANY more updates to come soon...
[NEW] Redesigned Stats page -- Dig into your reading habits over time with gorgeous charts and insights, and a new daily reading goal to keep you motivated!
[NEW] Lock Screen Widgets -- This version starts with two widgets to track your latest currently reading book, with many more to come soon!
[FIXED] Your widgets should now always show the correct books and cover images, in the right order.
[FIXED] Your list of collections should now be fully visible in both light and dark mode.
[FIXED] Importing from Goodreads should now be snappier, and never crash the app.
[OTHER] Many other bugs have been squashed, and performance enhancements should make Bookshelf feel snappier.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been searching for a book tracking app that has everything I want and this was the one I landed on. I immediately bought the lifetime use solely because this was the only app I could find with everything I’ve been looking for.
That being said there are a couple things I wish were included such as: an option to batch scan books into the app, being able to look at stats for specific years (current options are weekly stats and all time), and being able to add pictures into the notes (I read a lot of manga and wish I could insert pictures of my favorite panels).
There was also one problem I encountered with tracking audiobooks. You have to manually put in the time in minutes your audiobooks are but when you do that the app doesn’t correctly translate that into hours. Example: I had a 12 hour audiobook and put it that it is 720 minutes and then the app translated that into 24 hours. Normally this wouldn’t be a big issue because I’d just alter the minutes until it’s correct but then when you’re timing reading sessions it makes the stats wrong.
Although I think there are some things that could be added, this app is amazing and I will continue to use it for tracking my reading😊
Well developed, functional, and polished
Feature request: Please add a feature where I can import screenshots and use OCR to get the text from a screenshot (when adding a “Note”). Right now, I can use the camera to add text from a book, but what if I’m reading an e-book on my phone? I can’t take a picture of my phone.. unless I get another phone 😂
I spent weeks looking for an app that would help me track my reading, and this has been by far the best one. It has all the features I want, without the burden of being tied down with a subscription. If this app ever adds a subscription model, I’m out!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your kind words—I'm glad you're enjoying Bookshelf!
Great idea—I've added that feature request to my backlog! In the meantime, iOS15 allows you to copy and paste text directly from images and screenshots, so you can actually accomplish your goal from the Photos app!
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or concerns and I'd be happy to address them!
A Fantastic App
I’m a book blogger and new to this app. I read a mix of Advanced Reader Copies and Backlist as well as new releases a month. I loved that this app had the books I’m reading as Advanced Copies. I also love the note cards, as I’m not one that writes down quotes I want to remember, now I can just put them on a note card. I love the quizzes option, although I haven’t tried it yet. I’m also a big fan of the stats it gives you. I took a star out of the rating because in my phone the app stopped working. I press it, but it never opens. Luckily I was able to restore my purchase of Gold for the year on my IPad which seems to work great. Oh! Also, I love how this app has a timer or just let’s you read if you don’t want to set a timer, or if you want to keep reading.
Developer Response ,
I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying Bookshelf and all its features! I'm glad that you've managed to restore your data, and am excited to announce that the original syncing issue that caused the crash has been fixed, so you should hopefully never experience that inconvenience again!
Please let me know how I can make Bookshelf even better by submitting feedback through the app or emailing me at email@example.com!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Gerrese
- 76.2 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Alexander Gerrese
- In-App Purchases
- Bookshelf Gold (Yearly) $29.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Monthly) $4.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Lifetime) $44.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.