Adventurous Eating is FREE for a limited time only.
Exploring fruit and vegetables has never been more fun! What food will we try today?
From the charity behind the award-winning Teach Your Monster to Read comes Teach Monster – Reading For Fun, a brand new game that encourages kids to have fun and enjoy reading! Designed with experts from the UK’s Roehampton University to get kids reading more, Teach Monster – Reading For Fun inspires kids to explore a magical village full of fascinating facts and spellbinding stories.
Customise your own monster, make friends with colourful characters and collect over 70 free ebooks courtesy of Usborne, Okido, Otter-Barry and more. The game encourages children of all ages to read for pleasure and is perfect to play at home or school, alongside Teach Your Monster to Read or on its own.
There are hours of reading fun, from following signposts and reading aloud with Goldspear the librarian, to discovering books which help you bake delicious cakes and find treasure. It’s up to you to choose what to explore and when, but hurry, the villagers need your help. Your monster must use all its wisdom, skill and bravery to stop the book-eating goblin from causing chaos in the village and eating all the books!
WHY READING FOR FUN?
• Boost your child’s reading confidence
• Develop your child’s empathy, as they put themselves in different characters’ shoes and develop an understanding of the wider world
• Improve your child’s skills in reading for different purposes, from recipes, to signposts and instructions
• Read books with friends. Choose brand new books, or re-read old favorites
• Create positive screen time for children in a fun environment
• Collect over 70 brilliant free ebooks from Usborne, Okido, Otter-Barry and more.
Reading for pleasure is a proven method to transform literacy skills and academic performance in children. The pedagogy of reading for pleasure within this game has been developed in close collaboration with educational experts from the UK’s Roehampton University.
BE PART OF A READING COMMUNITY
• Make friends and help out the villagers with quests that require reading
• Pop into the village library to read along with Goldspear, Coco and more
• Read different kinds of texts, from signposts and instructions to entire fiction and non-fiction books
• Complete jobs to get rewarded with books for your monster’s bookshelf
• Solve challenges and follow the story as it unfolds, read recipes to make treats, or go on quests to overcome the book-eating goblin.
• Discover new authors, poems, stories and a series of children’s books that you’ll love.
Created by Teach Your Monster, Reading for Fun is part of The Usborne Foundation, a charity founded by children’s publisher, Peter Usborne MBE. Harnessing research, design and technology, Teach Your Monster is a non-profit organisation that creates playful media to address issues from literacy to health.
What are you waiting for? Take your monster on an epic reading adventure today!
◆ The Football Update
The Football Update has arrived on the pitch! Monsters can compete for the King Peter Cup alongside their villager friends in an exciting tournament. There’s a brand new Teach Your Monster Football Quiz Book on the line! We’ve also tracked down some tricky bugs with your help. Patch details for adventurous readers follow:
• Added the football tournament event.
◦ Visit the football pitch after day eleven.
• Added the Teach Your Monster Football Quiz Book.
▸ Bug Fixes
• Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze after monsters scored a goal while playing football.
• Solved an issue that prevented players from reading the Astro Girl ebook.
• Edited some typos in the Astro Girl quest.
• Monsters can no longer get stuck while leaving the bakery on day 11 or day 23.
• Players may now choose to leave and return later when visiting the campfire for the first time.
We want to make this game as great as it can possibly be, so please leave a review and let us know what you think; we read every one!
Ratings and Reviews
Promotes the Idea that Reading is Fun and Exciting
This game is such a fun follow up to Teach Your Monster to Read! I have a few students who have become Champion Readers on the first app, so I will move them to this game soon. I love that players can earn books for completing the challenges. Because books are presented as a reward, they are valuable and exciting in students’ minds. And since they can click to have help reading, they won’t just click through. I have tested this app first with a student older than the students I teach and that student loves playing it and prefers it over other games.
This app is just as great as their first, Teach Your Monster to Read! My 4 year old and 7 year old both really enjoyed this app today, and I did as well. We are looking forward to many hours playing on it.
Update: my 4yo and now 8yo absolutely love this app. My 4yo’s reading ability is rapidly improving using this app and Teach Your Monster to Read, and my 8yo could read well but was reluctant to read on her own - now she loves earning books and is happy to read the books she earns, and has begun reading more overall.
Great reading RPG
We’ve been playing this since we got to beta test it. It is so much fun. It’s an RPG (role playing game) that teaches reading. Kiddos don’t even realize it’s teaching them as they play. “Secret homework” as Peter Usborne would say. Increase skills as you read the interaction between players and earn books for completing quests/tasks to help the villagers. And it has a read along for kiddos that need help. Can’t say enough good things.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Teach Your Monster Ltd.
- 421.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Teach Your Monster