Read hundreds of curated ebooks with BookDark library. Easily navigate popular books, novels, authors and tags to find and save your favorite books for offline reading.
BookDark is a library with curated ebooks from the public domain. The minimalist design makes it easy to browse by popular books, authors, or content tags from any selection. Offline reading means that once you open a book, it is downloaded to your library and available for reading at any time.
The app home screen lists popular, classic works and is an excellent place to start browsing. Every book you open is stored in your library, and you can adjust the reading settings to change the font size of the books and switch between dark mode and classic white mode.
* Every book you start reading will automatically be saved in your Library. Every book in your library is downloaded and available for offline reading.
* The “Popular” menu shows classic and famous books, such as Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Frankenstein, The Prophet, Emma, The Odyssey, A Tale of Two Cities, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Beowulf, Moby Dick, The Scarlet Letter, Sherlock Holmes, The Yellow Wallpaper and many others.
* The “Authors” menu shows the most popular authors whose books you can find on the app. Click on the author’s name to view a list of all of that author’s works available on BookDark. Author selections include Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, Edith Wharton, Washington Irving, Harriet Jacobs, Mary Shelley, Kahlil Gibran, Jane Austen, Homer, Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, Lewis Carroll, and many others.
* The “Tags” menu allows you to browse based on popular content tags, such as “short stories,” “friendship, “poetry,” “love stories,” or “science fiction.” Once you tap on a tag, you can see all of the books connected to that tag.
* The intuitive, minimalist functions make it easy to jump between titles, authors, and tags to explore the ocean of books available until you find something you’d like to save to your library.
* Once you tap on a book, you will see the “Book Info” page. This displays the title, author, language, content tags, and a description of the book. Simply tap “Start Reading” to open the book in the eBook reader.
* Once you open the book, it will be automatically downloaded to your device and saved in your Library.
* From the eBook reader, access the table of contents to jump to specific chapters. You can turn pages using the arrow buttons, or by swiping.
* Access your Library by clicking on the stack of books icon at the bottom of the screen.
* Delete books from your library at any time.
* Use the “Settings” page to adjust the font size and switch Dark Mode on and off in the eBook reader.
* BookDark quickly loads your books so you can start reading easily.
Please leave us a rating and review. We welcome and appreciate your feedback.
If you really like this app, check out our inspirational and famous quotes app called QuoteDark, where you can stream quotes and explore quotes by authors and tags.
- Performance improvements and Bug fixes.
- Please leave us feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice book app
Simple app for reading free books— I like just browsing through through the tags and authors to find random new books. I thought I was losing track of them when I left the reader but then I realized they’re automatically saved to the library. I like that I don’t need wifi to read
the saved books.
BookDark to the Rescue
There are a number of titles that I have always wanted to read. My older Kindle will be unable to download books—so, I have been wondering what to do. Book Dark will fill the void! No charges!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dilipreddy Pabbathireddy
- 66.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 ResDev
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.