Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for skipping ahead and skipping back
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 12.4 or higher.
if you get ongoing value from iCatcher, then please consider the Tip Jar in the help and settings tab or tell your friends about the app. Thank you
+Fix for AirPlay to non-apple devices. Had to remove the airplay that would just show video on the external screen. That was preventing the regular audio airplay from working correctly. Will look at adding that back later.
+Fix for custom artwork not sticking
+Fix for download options, user-agent domain keywords not working as expected
+Alert when attempting to refresh and there is no internet connection.
+Added force close button to the settings panel on the Apple Watch companion app.
View the Help tab, What's New to view past updates
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for serious podcast listener
I came to the app store searching for a replacement for my old podcatcher. They decided to “upgrade” and get rid of many of the tools that allowed listeners to control the settings for individual podcasts...but I loved those tools and enjoyed having that level of control / customization.
This catcher caught my eye because it said I could make playlists and many pod catchers don’t allow you to easily do that, so I figured I would give it a try. Turns out this catcher was exactly what I was looking for! It’s true, you can adjust just about everything in this catcher, including somethings you didn’t know were adjustable. It’s fine for a novice or someone who doesn’t listen to a lot of podcasts, it’s easy enough to use and you can leave all the settings at their default so you can simply add podcasts and press play...BUT, if you listen to a lot of podcasts, want to make playlist with episodes from all different shows or are a control freak (jk, but not really) THIS IS FOR YOU!! If you’re here because your old podcatcher no longer does “XYZ” - get this! This catcher does the whole alphabet!
Where have you been all my life?
I finally get fed up with my previous podcast app of choice, which shares the name with a term your weatherman may use to describe a cloudy day. That dev decided to make the watch app standalone, which broke the formerly-reliable sync from iPhones. After a couple weeks of frustration—going on a walk thinking I had my watch loaded up with podcasts—only to find that none of them were there...
So after poking around reddit, I saw some recommendations for this app. For only $2.99, it seemed like a no brainer risk (although a free trial with limited functions would have been better). I imported my OPML...and HOLY SETTINGS LIST BATMAN. At first it was overwhelming. So I sent up some playlists, sent some podcasts to my watch (which WORKED) and then went on with my day. But then after a few days, I took the time to dive into the settings....and 20 minutes later, I now have a podcast app that works exactly the way I want. There’s features and settings I didn’t even know I wanted (like badge notifications for active playlist), but now after just a few days, I can’t live without. Especially the playlist management and granular download controls
This is getting long for an app review, so my TL;DR - if you want a true power user podcast app with granular controls over almost every aspect, AND a reliable Apple Watch sync, this is the app for you. For less than a cup of coffee.
I hope the dev has a Mac app up his sleeve too...
Best Podcast App
I love this podcast app. Way better than the apple built one. It has so many features and the developer has made it so stable over the years. He also updates as soon as there is a new os and new screen size. When I got my iPhone X, lots of high profile apps took forever to update for the screen but this app was updated before I even got the phone in. One thing I appreciate is that the app developer so far doesn’t limit what podcasts you can find and subscribe to. I find it kind of ridiculous that Apple can “delist” podcasts from their app. A podcast is just an RSS feed, a URL basically. The podcast app is a specialized web browser for finding and subscribing to RSS feeds. I wonder if Apple is planning to make changes to Safari so that it can’t go to certain websites. I don’t need Apple to tell me what content to listen to. Hopefully Joe agrees with this and keeps his app open and honest. Thank you sir for making such a great product.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Joe Graf
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Joe Graf
- In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip $4.99
- Big Thank You Tip $2.99
- Thank You Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.