You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find a few bug fixes and usability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Life changing App
This has been by far the best App I have downloaded. It has enhanced my life and taught me things about the world and life itself. The people I meet seem to have very little expectations of a host and their travels other than experiencing someone and something new. I can’t tell you how refreshing that is or how it has helped me shift my consciousness to be grateful and just be in the moment. I’ve learned a lot from my guests and am just so thankful for all the experiences I have been lucky to share. I also love that I’ve been able to expose my children to a world and perspective outside of our own.
The ONLY downside (and I caution all single women who host or travel) is hosting single men for safety reasons and or just plain overt sexual attempts. Please read reviews of single male guests and make sure they have at least 5. I had a couple of very uncomfortable experiences and now know to only accept men with at least 5 reviews. Other than that this App is amazing and my life is better for it.
Verification scam $$
I’ve used the app 3 years ago and on my recent travel I decided to download it again. I was updating my profile & was prompted that I would have a higher chance of getting approved if I verified my account. They asked for a credit card to verify my account but did not indicate that a charge was to be made or how entering my cc details would result in a $60 charge! I entered my cc details thinking that it was just to verify that I am who I say I am regarding my name etc. Returning home from my holiday I received an email stating that I have been charged $60!!! I emailed their customer support stating my situation - I was unaware of the charge, amount, & ultimately being mislead. Jenny a customer service agent said they do not refund outside of the 7 day window (mind you I was only 2 days outside of the 7 day window) and asked for them to make an exception and she insisted that a refund cannot be processed.
Very upsetting considering that I didn’t end up using the app. Terrible customer service! Absolutely Money hungry!
*UPDATE* - stop responding to reviews advising them to contact customer service when you know very well your customer service agents will refuse to help out especially regarding any sort of refund. If you actually read my review you would see that I WANT A REFUND! & if you were genuine with helping me out you would provide a specific email and a claim number to ensure that I indeed get my refund!!
Developer Response ,
We’re very sorry that our account set-up process was unclear—please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help to resolve any issues with memberships and/or payments you are having. Thank you!
🗺 Best experiences, A➕ fixing glitches
I’ve maintained a profile on Couchsurfing for a long, long time. Over 10 years now. I downloaded the app about 2 years ago and had great success on multiple trips, meeting hosts and offering students a place to stay. Excellent tools. I can’t find my “groups” on the app, though. My only glitch experience was with an essential verification in my profile, and as soon as I emailed the helpdesk, they fixed it.
I wish there was a way to hyperlink phone calls to your main contact for accommodations. ( for safety ) but overall this has afforded me the best stays with new friends & introductions to new food. It’s unprecedented! I’ve always wanted to contribute to Couchsurfing, their expenses for me have been mailings, reviewing documents, and storing my profile & messages on their site. Processes that add to my reputability as a Couchsurfer! Totally worth an annual fee of $15!
Thank you for giving us a way to give back.
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 212.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2017 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.