Nautical charts for cruising, fishing, sailing, diving and all your activities on the water. Get the same detailed marine and lake charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters.
> TRY FOR FREE: Download and get a trial for all our charts and features for a limited time.
> SUBSCRIBE: Start your 1 YEAR subscription to:
- Download chart layers for offline use (permanent).
- Access daily updates, chart overlay and advanced features (renewable).
Use the same subscription on smartphones and tablets. Simply log in with the same account in all your Boating apps.
THE SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES:
> CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE
- NAUTICAL CHART: This accurate and thorough map of lakes and marine areas is continuously updated.
- SONARCHART™: This 1’ (0.5 m) HD bathymetry map with extraordinary bottom contour detail is enhanced by millions of sonar logs contributed by boaters such as you.
- COMMUNITY EDITS and ACTIVECAPTAIN® COMMUNITY: Join a bigger crowd! Get more local information from the Navionics and the Garmin ActiveCaptain boating community.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT CHARTS (NOAA): These charts are available with the following coverage areas: USA, U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil, Pacific Islands, Asia and Africa.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES: The most current charts with up to 5,000 updates made every day.
- CHART OVERLAY
NAVIONICS SATELLITE OVERLAY WITH SONARCHART SHADING: a unique perspective of underwater topography at a glance.
RELIEF SHADING (currently available only in U.S.): a highly detailed shading to provide an easy-to-interpret, clearer view of bottom structure.
TERRAIN: shows roads and useful points of interest on land.
SATELLITE: satellite images provided by a third party.
- DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING*: Creates a suggested route, from a real starting point to a real ending point, based on chart data and navigation aids. It provides advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more.
- ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize chart views to change chart-overlay combination, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges and more.
- WEATHER AND TIDES: Access real-time weather data along with daily and hourly forecasts, and get wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map.
- GPX IMPORT/EXPORT: Easily handle your tracks, routes and markers. Share, store and display them on different apps, plotters and other devices.
- AIS: Connect the app to a compatible Wi-Fi AIS receiver to see nearby targets overlaid on the map, in real-time. No internet connection needed.
- PLOTTER SYNC: Owners of compatible plotters can transfer routes and markers, update charts and more.
- TIMELINE: Enjoy looking back at your trips in the track timeline.
After 1 year, you can renew your subscription or keep using your maps with free features.
- SONARCHART™ LIVE: Create your own 1’ (0.5 m) HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. Connect the Boating app wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter. You can also automatically share your sonar logs, which helps us improve charts.
- Includes track, route, distance, markers, wind forecasts, map options, sync my data, share location and more.
- Updates are available with iOS 9.0 or higher. An iPad device with Wi-Fi® connectivity locates your approximate position if it is connected to Wi-Fi. An iPad Wi-Fi + 3G model operates similarly to an iPhone device with regard to GPS.
*Autorouting is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
- Bring your info with you: now profile picture, activities and boat settings will be synced automatically across all your devices.
- Bug fixing and optimization.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok, it’s just okay
Third year of using the App, it’s great for at a glance planning. Maybe some weather and a little helpful on routing. Just updated to the latest because the location specific apps are being sun-setted. The charts are ok, sometimes better than others sometimes worse. Have anchored on land according to charts in the southern San Blas at times for example.
The biggest problem that hasn’t been addressed in the last 3 years is the initial chart down load. You pay for a region or chart then are forced to down load in pieces or squares. That works fine on fast connections. As a world traveler, a download all button even if it downloaded the same pieces would save hours and hours pinching and “requesting download” of pieces of the region. After every piece you have to re-zoom and go find the boundaries of what has already been downloaded. Downloading the pacific charts is going to take a few days of perseverance at the local watering hole. Ugh.
It’s fine to have the selective download, but ALSO include a “gimme what I paid for” (ALL) option as well. That will run without having to have the app open and babysat the entire time.
For comparison I use C-Map, Garmin and all kinds of public charts in OpenCpn and my “eyes” as most electronic charts are off at one time or another. 15,000 miles from Atlantic, Caribbean, to southern Chile, Pacific is next.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback! Our apps are designed to download maps in portions in order to conserve space on your device. All downloaded maps are stored to the internal memory of the device, thus we offer customers the opportunity to customize by downloading only what they need. Your suggestion for an option to have immediate access or instant download of all maps within a region will be forwarded to our development team and product managers for review and consideration with future enhancements to our apps. Thank you.
Saved my life
I had the free app and went out ice fishing on lake Ontario and it was blowing a steady 30. I knew a storm was coming but the fish were biting and i had walked over 3 miles to the spot so i ended up staying way to long. By the time i was packed up there was 3 inches of snow and a total whiteout. i had very little cell service like most places on the lake and started walking the direction i knew was land. After 20-30 minutes i checked google maps to see if it had me almost at shore and it said i had actually over shot the point i went from and was on the east side of it. It was only maybe 1/3 mile away but well after what felt like closer to a mile i checked google maps again to see where i was and it said i was over a mile from land. I then remembered navionics and when i used it it showed me about half a mile from what google maps said. I decided to trust this and follow the arrow all the way back for about a mile and see what google maps says. After almost a mile following the navionics i started to see dock lights and was relieved. I checked google maps twice walking back and both times it had me over half a mile from my real location. I was out there walking for to two to two half hours between taking breaks and checking for service and i was getting exhausted. This app really did save me that night got to single digits and was gusting to 40 plus. Ill probably buy it every year until they stop updating the maps.
Navionics Lakes North App
I understand that the support for this app was rendered unusable due to IOS updates and that there are no plans to update or replace. When Navionics decided to market via the Apple Store for IOS products I would have thought the need for updates would have been recognized. So I purchased the App which was fantastic and perfectly suited for my area. When it stopped working I was very disappointed but understood the need for IOS updates and patiently waited. After more than a year I sent and inquiry to Navionics about the status for this App. I was informed that there will be no update to allow this App to work but that other Apps were available, “for purchase”. In reviewing these options I found them not suitable for my Region. I know Navionics has a variety of marine navigation hardware on the market that, for a price, can service my needs nicely. The rub is that I can no longer trust them. I purchased software they offered, then they decided to discontinue support with the option of “purchasing” other Apps. How can I trust them not to terminate support for any of the hardware/software they are marketing after I “purchase” these items. I know Navionics to be a competent provider of Marine Navigation system but can no longer trust their after market support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for contacting Navionics, we are sorry to read your disappointment. Note that with iOS 11, Apple is dropping 32-bit app support. That means all the old apps that were not updated to 64-bit since Apple introduced the iPhone 5s in 2013 will no longer run on any device upgraded to iOS 11. This affects our old bundle apps that were discontinued in Fall 2010 and that some users have been able to continue to use on devices running OS versions higher than iOS 6, despite the instability caused by these non-supported versions. At the time we also encouraged users to migrate to our new application for its larger coverage area, updated chart data, and many new features. These new features were not possible to include with the build of the original apps. The new apps were also offered at a discounted price for a limited time during the initial release of the product. The old first generation apps, didn't have the chance to have updated charts nor could use our latest advanced features. Boating and Boating HD apps can be installed for free and give you the chance to test charts and app's features for a 15 days trial. You will notice a substantial difference compared to your old app, as it is not the same product. With the first coverage purchase you get access to detailed charts and a yearly subscription to Navionics+. Navionics+ subscription includes updates and app's advanced features and can be renewed at 50% off price list once expired. This is very important for security reasons and gives more reliability to our products. Without the subscription, charts remain on the app and all basic functionalities are available. There is just no access to the advanced features and chart updates. For a full listing of features available with and without an active Navionics+ subscription, please see: http://bit.ly/2tTffPJ. If you need additional assistance in figuring out which coverage area is needed, please, write us at email@example.com, referencing case number #392217.
- NAVIONICS S.R.L.
- 197.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- USA $14.99
- USA Navionics+ $14.99
- US & Canada $21.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.