Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device's memory card for offline use. All the main functionality works both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• Ability to display the map and navigation instructions with CarPlay
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• New! "Add favorite" screen with options to select the custom icon, color, and shape
• Added new "Coordinates widget" with coordinates of the current location
• Added ability to import custom user-defined plugins
• Significantly extended the import/export functionality
• Distance by tap moved from the Radius ruler into a separate option
• Fixed CarPlay app freezes when iPhone screen is turned off
• Plugins screen moved from the Maps & Resources to the main menu
• Added Finnish localization
• Fixed UI in landscape orientation for “Plan a route” screen
• Added support for custom routing and rendering files
• Fixed performance of markers direction line
• Fixed issue with importing GPX files with uppercase extensions
• Fixed issue with "Follow track" menu
• Fixed import of OBF files
Ratings and Reviews
Great for turn-by-turn nav on custom routes
If you’ve been looking for an app that supports turn-by-turn (including voice) navigation for custom routes, OsmAnd delivers! I had tried many apps, including all the big names in maps and navigation, but none could do what OsmAnd does. I was looking for an app to find off-road routes between destinations and it does this with the flip of a single button. No more choosing “fake” interim destinations to force a specific route. If you want to avoid specific roads that the other switches don’t handle, you can just tap any road (or multiple roads) and your route will not use them. Great app!
Many features but hard to use
This is a nice OSM viewer with a lot of customization. You can tweak just about anything in the app including map styles and layout of the navigation screen. The downside is the app is very confusing because of all these features. And it seems to be missing some basic ones. For example you can only quickly show the POIs in some category, eg “fast food” or “restaurants.” If you want to search them by name, for example if you want to search the nearest McDonald’s, it sometimes takes a minute to show the results even though I only have one map loaded. Another problem in general is the app is not very reliable. Today I was setting up my new iPad Pro and couldn’t download maps. It seems like the download needs to start over if it fails in the middle. And I’m not sure why it’s failing - my connection is gigabit and quite reliable for everything else. I also believe the app is not quitting in the background. I paid for the subscription to get hourly map update. This is pretty nice too. It auto updates any offline maps you have and it seems very data efficient.
Please read this
I am all about privacy and security.
I deleted my email, social media, and other accounts that just freely gave my info to any one that would pay.
I removed any app that ties data to my persona, and I also created accounts and installed apps that respected user privacy.
I have pretty much found replacements for everything, except for maps, banking, and gaming.
When I came across this app and saw it has a 4.5 star review, I literally gasped and got so giddy. Then I opened the app and tried to use it.
It went down hill, and fast.
After about 5-7 clicks the app completely freezes and I have to close and reopen the app.
Adding a favorite is a joke. Such a difficult process. Click one wrong place and you have to tap back into the favorites, but guess what, that’s like 5 taps - time to close and reopen the app now.
Navigation isn’t too bad. It’s either 3 seconds ahead or 3 seconds behind. For example, a turn was coming up and I knew I needed to take it, the gps said I already took it, then stopped at the stop sign. Then continued on my way. A few seconds later, I just then turned.
The speed detection is pretty funny. It feels good to be as fast as a jet plane, but I don’t think it’s accurate. Even though the app says I’m traveling at 257 miles an hour, my car says I am going 35.
The apps layout and placement of icons, while I could get used to it, needs a lot of work. If you have a settings icon - every setting needs to be there.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.
We will introducing new UI for adding favorite and track waypoint in the next release. Please check that in Menu – Navigation - Options - Simulate navigation option is disabled it need only for developers, it simulates navigation and sometimes could take hight speed.
If you have any other questions please contact us at email@example.com
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OsmAND B.V.
- 271 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Wikipedia $0.00
- Contour lines $4.99
- OsmAnd: All inclusive Annual $7.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.