mobilePDR® is the OFFICIAL drug information app from PDR®, publisher of Physicians’ Desk Reference® – the most trusted resource for drug prescribing information since 1946.
mobilePDR allows healthcare professionals FREE access to the most current drug prescribing information available from PDR. Fast and easy to use, mobilePDR employs a simple, but powerful search tool with access to thousands of concise drug summaries. Users can search by generic, brand or pharmacologic class names. A drug comparison feature helps healthcare providers choose the right medication for their patients based on key drug properties such as indications and side effects, dosing, and more. Know at a glance when there may be a drug interaction. Identify a pill based on its physical characteristics and visually confirm with full-color photos.
All therapeutic areas and medical specialties are covered within the PDR drug app, including diabetes drugs, pain drugs, asthma and allergy drugs, cardiovascular drugs, obesity drugs, cholesterol drugs, psychiatric and mental health drugs, pediatric drugs, oncology drugs, vaccines and biologics, and more.
- Free to all U.S. healthcare professionals
- Simple, powerful search provides fast access to drug information with auto-completion
- Personalize your experience by saving drugs that you look up often for quick access
- Search by brand, generic or pharmacologic class names
- Access concise drug summaries and dosing information to answer important prescribing questions
- Drug information is updated continuously with the latest information
- Covers thousands of drugs in active use
- Swipe left-right to compare key drug characteristics such as dosing, indications, and side effects
- Save drug comparisons to refer to them again later
- Check for drug interactions and learn what drug combinations to avoid
- Identify pills by tablet imprint codes, shape or drug color, complete with color pill images
- Registration is free, and required the first time you use the mobilePDR app
- mobilePDR is intended for use by U.S. healthcare professionals
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good for individual drug info only: can’t seem to do drug interactions
This app has excellent levels of detail about individual drugs, but whenever I try to use the check for interactions function, it just produces an “unknown error” message.
Great if you loved the PDR
I read that the PDR text was discontinued around 2017, and after years of having it for reference, I was bummed. The later versions seem to had negative reviews, but I hadn’t actually bought the text in a few years. I think a lot of negative reviews of PDR information is that people want watered down material. I personally love that you always got pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics. Plus the information presented was detailed as a professional pamphlet that is included in literature. As far as I’m concerned, working in the field, this app provides the detail to truly know the drug if you’re unfamiliar. Compared to other free apps that simply give ridiculous info such as “antiemetic” and “used to treat nausea” with a basic dosing guideline of 4 or 8 mg every 6 hours as needed et cetera. This is providing you with detailed information about 5-HT3 antagonism, other chemotrigger explanations and various receptor interactions. I like detail and having free access at work on my phone is a plus.
Great App, but needs improvement
Thank you so much for the app! It's such an awesome reference. This app could be a lot better if you could improve some of the following suggestions:
1. In-app review/feedback doesn't work well, but fit my case, doesn't work at all. Recommend just provide email if that's how you want feedback.
2. Organization of text and drop downs need sone cleaning up. Just cosmetics, see other apps for organization and presentation of information. Navigation is easy but not clean or intuitive.
3. Create a favorite tab so we can save a list of favorite drugs. It kinda does with the Recent Search but not very good.
4. Create a tab for related drugs when one is looked up.
5. Great idea to have comparison option but it doesn't do much except for loading two drugs on different pages. Comparison should be in a table format with relevant information. For example when you compare two computers, it shows side by side comparison. Would be hard to compare drugs and information are mainly not numeric.
5. Create option for making Flashcards from list of favorite drugs. Just a wish :)
Will provide more feedback later. Thanks and keep up the great work.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PDR Equity, LLC
- 76.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright 2018 PDR, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.