AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
- Added work-around for an iOS 14 bug that made all AUv3 icons disappear. You need to have at least one IAA app installed for this to work.
- Fixed occasional crash when (dis)connecting audio interface leading to sample rate change.
- Updated Audiobus SDK for iOS 14 compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Must Have For Music Makers!
The best yet,AUM draws the elements of the iOS music world together seamlessly and makes music creation a joy.
The experience has been a pure pleasure and I’m blown away by how much I can get done on my iPhone.
I’ll have Korg Gadget, Bias Amp and several synths and drum apps as well as audio in via usb mic or guitar DI, and Bluetooth midi controller and keyboard all going in a session.
I don’t really need to fire up the DAW too much, I still love Propellerheads Reason but AUM along with Gadget and Auria Pro is just so dam fast to fire up and start recording whatever idea I have at the moment. Incredibly powerful and inspiring, the software gets out of the way, I don’t want a computer around when I’m tracking, always hated it,hate looking at a big screen and waveforms, so this interface is for me much better than anything previous I’ve used. I love it!
AUM and AudioShare are must have tools.
The Best There Is
You can try others, but this is where you want to be if you are running any type of mobile rig. I found my happiness with this app, my instrument apps, an Novation Audiohub 2x4, a korg nanoKontrol2, and any keystation you’d like. I map different apps to different faders, and any parameter i want to. What makes this app so powerful is the fact that I can map any control value or anything via usb midi. And it just works. So good. Thank you for an amazing app! Keep up the great work! Only thing I wish was different was that I could have landscape and be able to zoom out to get some visible reference to when I control values on my interface. But it works great the way I have it too. 🤘🏼👍🏼
Great app but not so practical....yet.
This app would be so cool if you set it up as a live performing app. Every live keyboard player knows that you do not have time to turn down the volume knob on one patch and then turn up another patch. Last time I did that was with my arp quadra in 1979. Since the early 80’s we’ve simply pushed a button which gives us the next sound. So if I have to play horns for 2 measures, strings for 2 measures and organ for two measures I simple push ( for example) button 4, 1 and then 3(or however the patches are set up) When you are performing live you have no time to think about pulling levers down and up, you just want to push the next button, preferably larger than the itty bitty solo button on your App. I understand that AUM is set up as a mixer, I get it. And It is a brilliant app. I love what it does.
But AUM could do for the iPad what main stage has done with the computer. Make it usable on the gig.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.