Eurorack modular synth and fx
miRack is a Eurorack-style modular environment. It aims to provide user experience and audio quality close to those of the real Eurorack hardware. miRack can be used to build custom synthesizers and effects, control other apps and equipment, as a playground to explore and learn modular synths, and for live performances.
miRack is also available on iOS devices.
* Comes with more than 700 modules created by third-party developers and adapted for mobile devices by miRack team. New modules are added regularly.
* AUv3 plugin for DAWs supporting v3 audio units, including GarageBand, Logic Pro and Reaper and other. Can work as an instrument or audio effect. Supports parameter automation to record and automate changes of almost any virtual module control. Legacy AU and VST plugins for all other DAWs are available as separate downloads, visit mirack.app for details.
* Multi-channel audio input and output (in both standalone and AUv3 modes), with full support for Expert Sleepers audio interface modules to integrate with hardware Eurorack equipment.
* MIDI input and output, including MIDI clock sync, and MIDI learn function. Automate and control your patch, or control other software and hardware instruments with powerful sequencer modules.
* Ableton Link support to synchronise with other music software on the same device or over network.
* iCloud support to sync patches between iOS and macOS app versions.
* Visit patchstorage.com/platform/mirack for inspiration and to share your patches.
* miRack now runs natively on Apple Silicon. If you are using miRack VST or Legacy AU plugins, you need do download universal versions of those from mirack.app/vst and mirack.app/au respectively.
* Incompatible ports are now dimmed when dragging a cable.
* Added a button to mark modules as favorite from their menus.
* Added protection from repeated crashes if there's a problem loading a patch on miRack launch.
* Added 32- and 64-sample audio buffer size options.
* Number of DSP threads can now be increased in settings (only in standalone mode). Use this with caution, on newer devices and only if required for a large patch.
* Plugins added: DrumKit, Southpole, Southpole/Parasites, modular80, LifeFormModular, Mog
* Fixed editing LPG responce/decay in Audible Instruments Macro Oscillator 2.
* Fixed FPS setting is not applied after restarting miRack.
* Fixed incorrect operation when double-tapping toggle switches.
* Fixed incorrect behaviour of several MSM modules.
* Fixed incorrect behaviour of rack view scrollbars when using a mouse.
Ratings and Reviews
Modular Playground on IOS!
MiRack is just a terrific modular experience on the IPad! For example, the Mutable Instruments clones sound fantastic and are simply a delight to mess around with. Modular synthesis can have a steep learning curve, but thanks to numerous VCV Rack tutorials on the internet you can get up to speed fairly quickly on how to make patches.
I hope this app continues to receive support as it really sounds and feels like your working with real modular gear in ways other apps just can not match. Moog Model 15 is outstanding but it is not even a quarter as flexible in routing and sound design as MiRack. The control voltage routing options alone are almost limitless. Honestly, MiRack could easily be used to teach a full year course on electronic music if one desired to do so. It is that authentic and true to real modular hardware.
Needs AU3 support, IAA or Audiobus like yesterday. Would love additional modules like Plateau (lush reverb) to be added. Even reasonably priced modules for purchase would be a fantastic way to always upgrade the app. As is, it is easily a 5 star app that can take you places only $10,000 worth of gear or more could take you previously. Kudos to the developers for bringing VCV Rack to IOS!
Not For Beginners!!! You are all on your own here!!
I am sure that this is a GREAT app!!! I have worked with this thing for months and I have gotten next to nowhere! It has no presets! NO HELP!! NO WELCOME TO MODULAR SYNTH TUTORIAL!! It doesn’t walk you though what a CV is. How to route a ADSR. And when you click on the manual to try to understand how to hook something up, it’s going to tell you about VOLTAGE!!! DO NOT GET THIS UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! I’ve watched videos, I’ve read articles and have failed with this app to achieve anything worth my investment in time. If you are a newbie, I suggest the Drambo or Model 15 apps. They include either a basic “welcome to modular synth” manual or teach you how to route things within the app.
With all of that being said, I really can’t take more than one star from this app. It’s so flexible. It has so many modules. The possibilities truly seems endless and I an jealous of anyone who could use this to even half its potential! The developer(s) are constantly dropping new updates and I’m not talking about those crappy “stuff is gonna work better in the background” updates. I’m talking real updates that directly improves the user’s experience.
Great job to all involved in this project. If you could please come up with something to teach a new person how to patch things or offer some getting started tips that would be more than amazing!!
Fleece my knees & grease my bees ...
I found my stinging bees (vibrating at variable voltages)
Sometimes you don’t realize what you are missing or that you’re missing anything at all until you go looking for the variable unknown. I’ve been involved in music making of all kinds for decades - from playing the drums, guitar, bass, and synths, in bands and in the studio to running live streams of mixes made on the fly in AUM to Mixlr that incorporate frequency filtering of found sound and reappropriating recorded political addresses with beats and effects - hammering the insanity we have in the top levels of government in the US ... but when I turned to this app I realized it was a supplement for my cptsd symptoms. It helps me relax when anxiety starts approaching the dangerous threshold. There’s something about loosely controlling the arbitrary nature of these devices, which if I had the cash I would surely be engaged in the real deal since the experience is just drastically different, but for a ten spot this is doing me just fine while giving me the knowledge of what I will need when I start buying individual modules for a real rack.
Thanks to the devs for this ✪✪✪✪✪
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- mifki Limited
- 313.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 mifki Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.