Create out of this world ambiance with Blackhole, a reverb effect as big as the cosmos. Blackhole breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality. At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allow it to really shine on guitars, strings, vocals and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 80 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments.
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones.
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting.
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay.
- Innovative Ribbon and Hotswitch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments.
- Mixlock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone App.
-Fixes a bug where parameters were not exposed to host automation lanes
-Fixes a bug where the preset save dialog was not aligning correctly with keyboard
-Fixes a bug where trying to import/export presets would cause the app to crash
Ratings and Reviews
Didn’t hold anything back
I’ve demoed the desktop version of this plugin and now regret not buying the desktop version when it was $29. That’s just because it’s so nice I now want it on my comp as well. I’m amazed that this iOS (iPad) version is just like the desktop version without limiting any features. Other music apps tend to give a very slimmed down version for iOS. That’s not the case with this. The new iPad Air is powerful enough to run it in Cubasis without cpu overload. It’s the best space modulated reverb I’ve heard. I have some of the others. The standalone app works great too and the knobs and sliders are big enough to adjust on the fly like when playing live. It’s actually nicer to use on iPad then on the comp for this reason, the big slider at the bottom that can automate several knobs at once is really nice and easy to use live. This could be the future of audio on iOS if other plugin developers see the potential and follow suit. There’s no need to slim down the plugins because the latest iPad/ iPhone devices are powerful enough to run the full version like the desktop. I’m really happy Eventide sees this and made it available.
THE WHOLE 90’S IN AN APP
would i exaggerate no i would not, rude to suggest it. the ‘10’s never knew what hit them. grunge is back, screenshot me.
Awesome sound, unusable live w/o updates
I was super excited when this was released on iOS and I absolutely loved the plugin. It sounds amazing...but I can’t use it live at all because it crashes way too often (like every 10 minutes). I use Bias Mobile and ran Blackhole as IAA. It glitches up, sometimes making a squealing sound, often just completely cutting out. I have to pull it out of the chain in Bias and then restart Blackhole, but it usually happens again shortly after. I contacted support who said they’re working on fixing some bugs, but offered no timeline to update. I was so happy when I heard this plugin, which makes it hurt worse that I can’t risk using it live now. ☹️ Hopefully it becomes more stable soon.
Developer Response ,
Hey, we believe this issue is fixed in the most recent update. Please try updating and let us know if the issue persists.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.