bunq is the first challenger bank to be included in the Dutch Fair Finance Guide (2020 edition), with an all-time high score for any newcomer.
Without any effort, you can become CO2 free in less than 2 years. Start your Easy Green Personal trial or Easy Green Business plan and we'll plant a tree for every 100 Euro spent with any of your bunq cards
- Together, we planted over 2 million trees to date. That offsets 680,237 round trips flights from Paris to NYC
- Show everyone how close you are to becoming CO2 free with our new Easy Green widget! You can add this to your website or blog in seconds
- Now your bestie can also plant a tree for every €100 spent with their bunq cards.
Save money wherever you go, whatever you do, with bunq’s amazing discounts
Whether it's finding the perfect hotel room, a splendid meal, business insurance or bookkeeping services, bunq Deals make it super easy for you to save money every step of the way.
You decide how your money is invested
We are the only bank in the world that lets you decide how your money gets invested. Whether you want to help people buy a home, invest fully green or not at all, the choice is yours
- Choose to invest in Personal Lending, Personal Mortgages, Green Companies, All Companies, Other Bank Loans
- At 0.27%, bunq gives you an interest rate 9x higher than traditional banks
- Set up Common Goals to support charities and share your donation link with your network so everyone can help
Budgeting made easy and fun
- Budgeting for groceries? Bills? New car? Doesn't matter. Open multiple sub-accounts for all your needs, in seconds
- Easily set up a monthly budget and fully customize it by choosing your starting date and include/exclude as many accounts as you like
- Always be in control of your money by sorting incoming payments the way you want: in amounts or percentages, the choice is yours
- Save automatically by having all your payments rounded up to the next Euro
Never waste time again. No paperwork, no waiting, no hassle
No matter if it's personal or business, bunq is the bank that saves you time, every time.
- Simply scan the receipt, share it with your friends and let them pay you back by tapping their share on the receipt
- Paying for shared subscriptions? Set up Auto Request, so you get paid without having to think about it
- Create a joint account with your partner, child or employee in one tap and they will get their own card
The bank that speaks your language
Our team consists of people from more than 30 different countries. Emails, notifications, support chat we’re always there for you, in your language.
Your money is fully insured
Thanks to our European banking permit your money is fully insured, up to €100,000. We apply rigorous safety measures and are tested and audited to the highest standards. Your safety is our highest concern.
Your privacy is guaranteed
We guard your privacy as if it’s our own. We will never sell your data to anyone. Your transaction data is stored in Germany, a country that values your privacy as much as we do.
Experience what bunq can do for you, today. Sign up in minutes. You only need your phone. No branch visits, no waiting, no paperwork.
bunq has been featured internationally by publications like Forbes, Wired, Business Insider, TechCrunch, Silicon Canals and many more.
- In order to help you save data we have introduced time limits to the screen and audio recordings with our Support
- Exporting a statement was sometimes not possible if one of your accounts was frozen. This is now fixed!
- Inner Circle now shows you whether your friends are part of your Auto Accept list
- Monthly Budget is now properly displayed across the app.
- Notifications were sometimes not redirecting to the correct screen in the app. Fixed now!
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements
For these and other improvements, update your app today!
Ratings and Reviews
Great service great people
I have multiple bank accounts at different banks, and to be honest, those bank accounts and services normally do just fine. I’ve never paid much attention on them.
Recently I urgently needed a proof of funds document from a bank. I went to nearby branches of some major banks that I have accounts at, and to my surprise, many reps at the banks refused to help and turned me away without even trying.
On the contrary, although the custom service at Bunq was reached by chatting, a rep called Isra understood how important this document is to me and submitted a request to her colleagues, and kept me updated about the process.
To be fair, she could turn me away as others did because it is easy, but she chose to help me out. The great service from good companies come from great and kind-hearted people.
Thanks for the help to all the people at Bunq who helped in my case, although I do not know your names. Please keep up the good work. You are making a difference here.
Bunq used to be the clearest way I could be in charge of my finances, clearly see my money and I couldn’t stop talking about how great it was to all my friends. Then came the V3 (or 14.0.0) update and everything I raved about and loved about Bunq is gone. I can’t find my finances anywhere, my accounts are clouded by tribes and causes and trees that frankly have nothing to do with how I bank. I don’t need an Instagram feed of all the up-sells bunq wants me to buy, and the once amazing customisations I could make on my account to help me stay organised are gone. It is clear bunq is now only looking to make a profit and doesn’t care about its core customer base who used to love the clean, easy to use bunq app. Now it takes me 5 steps to change which account is linked to which card, to find the accounts I’m looking for, getting support and even just navigating my profile. There wasn’t even a tutorial about where everything has moved. Really thinking about leaving bunq and spending my money on banking elsewhere. Please bring back the previous app. If I could give 0 stars, I would. To new users— stay away.
I don’t think I’ve ever been compelled to write a negative review before, but this just might be the worst UI/UX I’ve ever seen.
Unlike many of the other recent (negative) reviews, I can’t compare it with previous versions of the app. I was simply trying to be a new customer and sign up for an account with one of the new generation of mobile banks. But instead of even a passably professional banking experience, what I found was a bizarre gamification app focusing on tree planting and “trophies” and asking for access to my contacts (!). If I hadn’t known it was (supposed to be) a banking app, I’d have thought I’d accidentally downloaded a new game from Apple Arcade. All of which made it nearly impossible to find or identify how to do the basic functions (which was banking, in case we forgot).
Ultimately, after heroically wading through all the fluff, I couldn’t even figure out if I signed up correctly. Do I have a Bunq account now? Do I not? Who can tell? In the end, it doesn’t matter because I’m certainly not trusting my money to this thing and am deleting the app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- bunq B.V.
- 260.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 bunq
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.