Camelot is a Setlist Manager, Digital Mixer, Software Instrument and Effects host, PDF Music Score Reader, Multitrack Audio Player and Advanced MIDI Patchbay and Router.
Camelot is an application created to address the most complex live performance needs with a simple and guided workflow. It combines in one app, a convenient and beautifully designed digital performance workstation that in the past could only be achieved with a complex setup made of connecting different applications and devices together.
Camelot is a Setlist Manager, a Software Instrument & FX Host, a PDF Music Score reader, a Multitrack Audio Player, and the most advanced MIDI Patchbay and Router. All in one piece of software:
● Hardware Instrument presets:
select your instrument Smart Map and go! With no MIDI knowledge!
● Software instruments and effects (AUv3)
Play with your favorite software sounds & FX (Auv3 format) and enjoy switching from one scene to another WITHOUT SOUND INTERRUPTION!
● MIDI keyboards and MPE controllers:
connect any MIDI controller directly or with a USB hub;
● Advanced MIDI routing:
duplicate, filter, and route any MIDI messages with ease;
● Powerful MIDI Transformers:
Message Transformers convert CC messages from one number to another.
Trigger a chord by pressing one note
Remap/rescale any CC or velocity curve.
Easily play different scales or harmonize/shift parts;
● MIDI and Bluetooth remote controls:
Remote scene switching, start/stop buttons, or assign track levels to external pedals, faders, or controllers;
● Smart Scene Switching:
It’s a unique feature on iOS!!! There is no AUv3 host capable of switching sound with NO AUDIO INTERRUPTION and clever MIDI messages management, that does not truncate MIDI instances & routing. Stop using production tools for live performances!
● Tempo Sync with MIDI Clock and Ableton Link, with dedicated output for metronome (click)
● Lyrics and Chords attachments with custom annotations:
each Scene recalls PDF or images that you can visualize during the performance. The attached file can be saved at the desired zoom level and scroll position. Stop using paper chord, lyrics, or music score books!
● Audio backing tracks, Timeline & Automations:
attach Audio Tracks, add auto-play and auto-stop markers, and even add Scene automation. You can have multiple audio tracks with separate audio outputs and, at the same time, use the Timeline to automate Scene switches at specific points in the sequence;
● Audio Inputs and Routing:
Manage any audio input source: mic, guitar, bass, or hardware synth.
Add effects to any internal or external audio source in Camelot.
Endless audio routing options with dedicated audio send connectors;
● Manage your Performance with ease: Forget about the complications of last-minute Setlist changes. Rearrange, move and duplicate Songs with simple Drag & Drop directly on each Setlist.
How Camelot is organized:
● Setlists - a collection of Songs
● Songs - can have one or more Scenes that each include a Timeline. When you select a Song in Camelot, you load all the resources needed to play that Song (i.e., Virtual Instruments, FX, and Audio Tracks).
● Scenes - recall and organize Hardware instruments presets, MIDI connections, Software plugin presets, and Music Score Attachments. You can switch freely from one Scene to another with no interruption in the sound.
● Layers - the building blocks of each Scene. Layers allow the connection between MIDI Input Controllers and the Items. Layers manage the MIDI and Audio flow for all the Items that are loaded on them.
● Items - Individual Hardware or Software Instruments and FX.
- NEW: new "MIDI Octaver" MIDI Transformer
- NEW: added Roland Fantom 0 beta Map
- NEW: added Roland JUNO X Smart Map
- NEW: added Roland Aerophone AE-10 map
- NEW: added Roland Aerophone AE-30 map (Beta)
- NEW: updated Roland FA Smart Map (firmware 2.03)
- NEW: updated Roland Fantom Smart Map (firmware 3.01)
- NEW: Montage / MODX: implemented hybrid mode
- NEW: new logic for parts update (no more auto-retrieval)
- NEW: confirm message when selecting “Remove from all layers” on a port
- NEW: Remote Control: note event as note name, in addition to MIDI value
- NEW: improved automatic focus selection of text field in side panel
- NEW: Improved Song "Add to" behavior
- NEW: Layer Connector/Audio Send/Midi Preset views: item name text editor grabs focus when the page is shown
- NEW: delete Snapshot warning message
- NEW: don't play virtual midi keyboard component with pc keys
- NEW: updated Ableton Link
- NEW: add new External Device Item: after search, show "use layer connector/duplicate device" if the device is already used in the scene
- NEW: Mixer View: UI Improvements and fix
- FIX: fixed crash when switching scenes very quickly
- FIX: fixed crash with notes in midi inputs
- FIX: fixed crash playing backing tracks
- FIX: (iOS) fixed crash when a plugin crashes while the item view is expanded
- FIX: fixed crash when one alias of a backing track is unassigned
- FIX: fixed crash when dragging an item away and then back to a layer
- FIX: fixed crash at song change, involving plugin state saving
- FIX: fixed crash with backing track and unassigned outputs
- FIX: fixed crash at scene change involving bridge items
- FIX: fixed crash when restoring a snapshot
- FIX: fixed crashes at Scene change (including Backup and Setlist restore)
- FIX: fixed crash when restoring a Snapshot after editing remote controllers
- FIX: moved plugins reset from Scene to Song change (e.g. it fixes a crash when unloading IK Multimedia Hammond B3-X VST)
- FIX: fixed possible crash after removing an Item
- FIX: lower memory usage for attachments browser
- FIX: fixed memory issue with attachments
- FIX: fixed memory issue when resize
- FIX: fixed attachments disappearing
- FIX: fixed attachments for paths with UTF8 characters
- FIX: fixed preset selection issue
- FIX: update peak meters only when they’re visible, fixes crash when moving an audio send item
- FIX: fixed BPM precision
- FIX: fixed initial output levels in backing tracks
- FIX: fixed key commands not updating after restoring a snapshot or a backup
- FIX: fixed virtual-midi related crash when restoring a backup
- FIX: fixed lost PC messages at Scene change
- FIX: fixed "Receive MIDI channel" selection (e.g. Roland RD 2000)
- FIX: fixed scan MIDI Input Port selection (i.e. issue of two Montage, or two MODX, or two UM-ONE, ...)
- FIX: Backup: restore MIDI ports custom names
- FIX: fixed mixer mute GUI state at opening
- FIX: External Devices: remove "Automatic Retrieval of parts information" options from "Advanced Settings"
- FIX: fixed Layer Connector item view
- FIX: fixed Mixer Scene slider issue
- FIX: fixed AU effects
- FIX: fixed MIDI Controller export
- FIX: (iOS) fixed importing files with non-ascii characters
- Backing Tracks levels for previously saved projects can be slightly lower than 0 dB, if volume sliders have never been modified
- (iOS) RME UCX: sometimes, at Camelot startup, audio outputs are not detected. To fix it, enable and immediately disable Multi Route option in Audio Settings
- non-M1 native VSTs don't work on Camelot. Use AU format, if available, as workaround
Ratings and Reviews
Major update = major improvements
I see that all the other reviews are at least a year old. I don’t think it’s fair to judge the current version based on these. I have been working with 2.01 for a couple of days and although there is a learning curve, it’s very easy to progress. The interface is very well thought out and easy to use. Other than one app which did not play well with Camelot, I’ve had no freezes or crashes. I’m using Camelot strictly as a software manager for plug-ins so I can’t speak to its response to hardware-based keyboards. Not giving it five stars at this point simply because I haven’t worked with it long enough to thoroughly wring it out. If you’ve been put off by earlier reviews about this app being buggy, I encourage you to give it another try. Right now it’s on sale.
Camelot Pro is definitely going to evolve into a powerful utility for managing live performance. I found the app useful, but not bug free (not surprising for an initial release). For some reason the app lost output audio setting for my Montage and required an uninstall/re-install to resolve. Also may have been related, but data sync didn’t seem to work correctly after I aborted an attempt. Could have been operator error. Doing data sync on all banks takes considerable time. Finally, online documentation was a bit sparse. Definitely a lot of potential. Once I resolved, the app worked fine and has decent user interface.
Great app, with a lot of potential
I have used CamelotPro live half a dozen times so far and it has been very solid. The only issue I had was with a AUv3 plugin and the developer already had a workaround for the known issue. This is version 1.5 and a great app. I do look forward to all the upcoming features and add on modules. I also bought the Mac software for when I use Omnisphere live and Nord Stage 3. The iOS version works with my NordStage 3 and Korg. Great job and keep up the great work!
It would be great if you integrated with Planning Center Online, so I could download the setlist for the week from church.
Also, it would be great to show the entire song pdf, allow me to click on each section in the pdf to change between song sections.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 42.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Audio Modeling Srl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.