ckbk: discover great cookbooks 4+
120,000+ recipes you can trust
1000 Cookbooks Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
ckbk puts the world's best cookbooks in your pocket, all fully searchable. Recipes you can rely on from top chefs and cookbook authors, with new titles added each week.
ckbk offers the world’s best cookbooks, all in one place:
• Filter your searches by diet, type of dish, national cuisine, author and more...
• Create and share your own ‘recipe playlists’
• Swipe left/right to browse the full content of every cookbook (not just the recipes!)
• Tag recipes once you have cooked them, and add star ratings and reviews
• Add private notes to keep track of your own tweaks
• Post questions about any recipe to get advice from the ckbk community
• Follow recommendations from leading chefs and authors to explore new areas
• Discover regional cuisines from around the world
• Browsing bookshelves to find the most popular cookbooks by country or category
• Optimized layout for every device, from the smallest iPhone to the iPad Pro
FEATURED CHEFS AND AUTHORS
Dominique Ansel, Rose Levy Beranbaum, Paul Bocuse, Jayne Cohen, Alain Ducasse, Naomi Duguid, Darra Goldstein, Peter Gilmore, Peter Gordon, Alice Hart, Marcella Hazan, Pierre Hermé, Ken Hom, Nisha Katona, Tessa Kiros, Jennifer Joyce, Prue Leith, Deborah Madison, Nick Malgieri, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Sri Owen, Steven Raichlen, Stéphane Reynaud, Gary Rhodes, Julee Rosso, Michael Ruhlman, Richard Sax, David Tanis, Jeremiah Tower, Anne Willan, Paula Wolfert and hundreds of other leading authors.
A WEALTH OF COOKBOOKS
• ckbk covers every style of cooking: from simple 20-minute weeknight meals and healthy vegan options to dinner party show-stoppers and Michelin-starred chef creations
• Hot bestsellers like I Can Cook Vegan, modern classics such as The Silver Palate, reference works including The Oxford Companion to Food, Escoffier and On Food & Cooking, and professional titles such as Bread: A Baker's Book
• Build your expertise with titles from great culinary schools including Le Cordon Bleu and the French Culinary Institute
• Explore culinary history with vintage cookbooks from Mrs Beeton, Hannah Glasse and Fannie Farmer
From Italian to Indonesian, and Spanish to South African, ckbk has it covered. Featuring more than 80 national cuisines, ckbk puts recipes from every corner of the world at your fingertips.
BENEFITS OF USING THE CKBK APP
• Instant access to ckbk, wherever you are
• No need to keep waking up your phone with sticky fingers! The ckbk app keeps your recipe visible while you cook!
• Free Members can search ckbk's entire collection and access up to 3 recipes per month
• Premium Members have unlimited access to the full content of every book
• Take out a free 14-day trial of monthly Premium Membership
• Save even more with annual Premium Membership
• ckbk members can use their membership via the app and also via the ckbk website
Terms & Conditions
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Improvements to log on / log off
• Enhanced Home Connect support for Gaggenau ovens
• Adds support for Amazon Fresh delivery of ingredients (Amazon Fresh is available in US, UK and Japan)
• Fix for 'a la carte' search preference
• Minor bug fixes and further refinements to sharing options
• Improvements to make the ckbk app easier to discover
• Improved sharing options for recipes, collections, books and authors
• Share recipe collections privately with your friends and family, using the new "Unlisted" privacy option
• Support for rich push notifications including images
• Support for TikTok and Instagram video embeds in the ckbk app
• Smoother experience when swiping from recipe to recipe
• Improvements to the notification feed - new items are highlighted in blue
This major upgrade to the ckbk app introduces a new notification feed. Click the bell icon at the top right of the screen to see the latest additions to ckbk.
Cookbooks, recipe collections, feature articles, recipe reviews, Recipe of the Day - all appear in the feed, so it's easy to catch up on what's changed since your last visit to the app.
Even better, the ckbk notification feed is configurable. Go to the notification settings page to choose exactly what appears in your feed, and also which notifications you would like to receive by email.
Ratings and Reviews
Totally worth it!
I almost never buy apps and rarely write reviews, but I find myself doing both for Ckbk. This is a fantastic app and worth every penny. I used to buy a few cookbooks a year, but with all the local bookstores having closed, I find myself buying fewer and not keeping up with what is available. Ckbk has given me the thrill of having hundreds of new cookbooks. Not only that, it is an amazing resource for cookbooks from past decades too. As mentioned by another reviewer, this is a deep resource because it is easy to search recipes by genre, ingredient, cookbook, author and more. The app support has been fantastic and personal and is even willing to seek rights for cookbooks that I have expressed an interest in. Cookbook authors and publishers should embrace the app. I would definitely be inclined to add physical copies of cookbooks to my library based upon having had the opportunity to get greater familiarity with a cookbook via this app. Highly recommend this app to anyone who loves to cook or loves cookbooks!
Enjoy this app
I was a little skeptical at first that this app would be more useful than Kindle unlimited, etc, but actually I really enjoy it and use it often. It has a good combination of a searchable database with the ability to read a cookbook straight through, and the recipes that it suggests once you’ve clicked on one are actually relevant. The cookbooks are usually a bit older (like maybe five to ten years old), but they’re good ones, and since I’m old I remember when many of them came out, or I owned them. I have especially been enjoying the Mission Chinese cookbook, the Hakka cookbook, and Michael Ruhlman’s From Scratch. There is a good selection of different cuisines represented as well, which is important to me.
Developer Response ,
Glad that you’ve been enjoying our titles focused on Chinese cuisine. We’ve added many more in the last few months, including from Singaporean publisher Marshall Cavendish. Well worth digging into those titles.
Deep resource, easy to use
Amazing selection of books organized so you can read the whole book or just search for a particular recipe. I own probably 50 paper cookbooks, 750 cookbooks on kindle but I find myself turning to ckbk more and more because I can search so many different ways from a wonderful selection of books. A phenomenal deep resource of really great books with stellar organization and ease of use.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1000 Cookbooks Limited
- 39.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 1000 Cookbooks Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership $4.99
- Annual Premium Membership $39.99
- Premium Membership (Annual) $39.99