ckbk is the ultimate digital subscription service for cooks, bringing together hundreds of the world's best cookbooks with more than 100,000 recipes.
ckbk offers the world’s best cookbooks, all in one place:
• Filter your searches by diet, type of dish, national cuisine, author and more...
• Create and share your own ‘recipe playlists’
• Browse the full content of every cookbook (not just the recipes!)
• Recommendations from leading chefs and authors guide you to the best books and recipes
• Discover regional cuisines from around the world
• Optimized layout for every device, from the smallest iPhone to the iPad Pro
FEATURED CHEFS AND AUTHORS
Darina Allen, Dominique Ansel, Paul Bocuse, Naomi Duguid, Keith Floyd, Peter Gilmore, Alice Hart, Nisha Katona, Tessa Kiros, Stéphane Reynaud, Jennifer Joyce, Jack Monroe, Ken Hom, Alain Ducasse, Marcella Hazan, Pierre Hermé, Prue Leith, Nick Malgieri, Sri Owen, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Steven Raichlen, Levi Roots, Gary Rhodes, Michael Ruhlman, Richard Sax, Rose Levy Beranbaum, David Tanis, Anne Willan, Paula Wolfert and hundreds of other leading authors.
A WEALTH OF COOKBOOKS
• ckbk covers every style of cooking: from simple 20-minute weeknight meals and healthy vegan options to dinner party show-stoppers and Michelin-starred chef creations
• Hot bestsellers like I Can Cook Vegan, modern classics such as The Silver Palate, reference works including The Oxford Companion to Food, Escoffier and On Food & Cooking, and professional titles such as Bread: A Baker's Book
• Build your culinary expertise with educational titles such as Ken Hom’s Chinese Technique and Anne Willan’s La Varenne Pratique
• Explore culinary history with vintage cookbooks from Mrs Beeton, Hannah Glasse and Fannie Farmer
From Italian to Indonesian, and Spanish to South African, ckbk has it covered. Featuring more than 80 national cuisines, ckbk puts recipes from every corner of the world at your fingertips.
BENEFITS OF USING THE CKBK APP
• Instant access to ckbk, wherever you are
• No need to keep waking up your phone with sticky fingers! The ckbk app keeps your recipe visible while you cook!
• Coming soon: Swipe to browse easily from recipe to recipe within a chapter
• Free Members can search ckbk's entire collection and access up to 3 recipes per month
• Premium Members have unlimited access to the full content of every book
• Take out a free 14-day trial of monthly Premium Membership
• Save even more with annual Premium Membership
• ckbk members can use their membership via the app and also via the ckbk website
Terms & Conditions
Get in touch: email@example.com
Bug fix: The features section went on a brief vacation. Now it's back.
Ratings and Reviews
Totally worth it!
I almost never buy apps and rarely write reviews, but I find myself doing both for Ckbk. This is a fantastic app and worth every penny. I used to buy a few cookbooks a year, but with all the local bookstores having closed, I find myself buying fewer and not keeping up with what is available. Ckbk has given me the thrill of having hundreds of new cookbooks. Not only that, it is an amazing resource for cookbooks from past decades too. As mentioned by another reviewer, this is a deep resource because it is easy to search recipes by genre, ingredient, cookbook, author and more. The app support has been fantastic and personal and is even willing to seek rights for cookbooks that I have expressed an interest in. Cookbook authors and publishers should embrace the app. I would definitely be inclined to add physical copies of cookbooks to my library based upon having had the opportunity to get greater familiarity with a cookbook via this app. Highly recommend this app to anyone who loves to cook or loves cookbooks!
Enjoy this app
I was a little skeptical at first that this app would be more useful than Kindle unlimited, etc, but actually I really enjoy it and use it often. It has a good combination of a searchable database with the ability to read a cookbook straight through, and the recipes that it suggests once you’ve clicked on one are actually relevant. The cookbooks are usually a bit older (like maybe five to ten years old), but they’re good ones, and since I’m old I remember when many of them came out, or I owned them. I have especially been enjoying the Mission Chinese cookbook, the Hakka cookbook, and Michael Ruhlman’s From Scratch. There is a good selection of different cuisines represented as well, which is important to me.
Developer Response ,
Glad that you’ve been enjoying our titles focused on Chinese cuisine. We’ve added many more in the last few months, including from Singaporean publisher Marshall Cavendish. Well worth digging into those titles.
Deep resource, easy to use
Amazing selection of books organized so you can read the whole book or just search for a particular recipe. I own probably 50 paper cookbooks, 750 cookbooks on kindle but I find myself turning to ckbk more and more because I can search so many different ways from a wonderful selection of books. A phenomenal deep resource of really great books with stellar organization and ease of use.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1000 Cookbooks Limited
- 80.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 1000 Cookbooks Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership (Monthly) $4.99
- Premium Membership (Annual) $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.