Online shopping without toxics
Reveal unsafe ingredients in everyday products while shopping online!
We'll alert you to toxic chemicals, and help you switch to safe alternatives.
* Shop healthy on Amazon, Target, Sephora, iHerb, and Walmart by knowing what’s inside the product before buying it.
* Get automatic alerts on potential health risks hidden in ingredient lists of beauty (makeup, skincare, other cosmetics), personal care, baby care, cleaning products, and other product types.
* Effortlessly find safe alternatives, vetted by Clearya for nontoxic ingredients.
* While you shop online, Clearya automatically analyzes the product ingredients list for you, alerts on hazardous chemicals, and explains the risk.
* Based on official toxic chemical databases by regulators and scientists in the U.S., Canada, the European Union, Japan and more (data sources are listed transparently.)
* Alerted ingredients include thousands of known and suspected carcinogens (may cause cancer), hormone disruptors (endocrine disruption), reproduction toxicants (may harm fertility), developmental toxicants (may cause birth defects and other harm to the developing child), allergens, and other banned or restricted ingredients.
* Clearya is free.
* To keep Clearya unbiased, Clearya is funded by donations. Clearya is not affiliated with brands, and does not display ads.
* We respect your privacy. Clearya does not collect personal user information.
Contact us at: email@example.com: we’d love to hear your feedback.
Stability and maintenance upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
Game-changer for reducing toxin exposures
SO helpful. After waking up to the formaldehyde, endocrine disrupters and talc in my personal care products I started to feel overwhelmed by the task of deciphering ingredient labels. This app does the work for me and I use it while at Target when choosing between products. I do wish it had a barcode scanner but it’s the best free app available that I’ve tried and it’s been the biggest help in becoming more informed about the products I’m choosing for myself and my family. Just wish j had know about it sooner!
I use this religiously
Ever since I made the decision to be more conscientious about what to wear on my face, I’ve been on the hunt for a useful app that can tell me why each ingredient of a product is considered harmful. I find this to be a much better source of information than EWG and I hope they continue to develop the app to include Ulta.
Alternative Menstrual Products not Supported
I downloaded this app specifically to search for safer alternatives to Thinx underwear in light of their recent settlement RE: PFA use.
Clearya’s own blog discusses period underwear and menstrual cups and specifies that ingredients in period products are covered by the app. But searches for these products indicate they are “not supported.”
Searches for reusable pads don’t bring up the same message so the issue isn’t just lack of a clear ingredient list. Really disappointing.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Covalent Bits Ltd.
- 73.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Covalent Bits Ltd.