Dawn Patrol converts your Apple Watch into a full functioning Surf Watch.
The best surf tracker for Apple Watch, with actual tide information of your favourite beaches on your wrist*, or on the Today screen of your phone.
With Dawn Patrol you:
• Track and Analyse your surf
• Record your surf work-outs
• Count your waves
• View them on a map
• Have the actual tide forecast on your wrist*
• Know your top speed
• Beat your personal records
• Measure your wave time
• Know your distance surfed per wave and in total
• Measure your heart rate and calories burned
• Relive your surf session
Dawn Patrol integrates with the Health App and Activity App. It measures your heart rate and calories burned.
The first and best surf tracker for Apple Watch
"If in doubt, paddle out!"
* Tide information is available for "Soul Surfer" subscriptions
SOUL SURFER SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
• The Soul Surfer subscription is available as a monthly subscription
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
For full Terms and Conditions of this service: https://www.dawnpatrol.cloud/terms and https://www.dawnpatrol.cloud/privacy
Hey there Dawn Patroller,
It's been a while since you received a new update from us!
But this update is worth the wait. We have worked very hard to get you the following new functionality:
- You can now see the tidal forecasts of your favourite beaches. You have the tides very close to you, add your favourite to your Today screen or as a complication on your Watch. Just lift your wrist to see the actual tide of your favourite beach!*
- We have added more in depth surf analysis. You can now view your speed development along the wave, and figure out why you didn't make that nasty section.
- Drag up the bottom panel on your map to get a more detailed overview of your session, including heart rates and calories burned
- Good news for foilers: you can now at your foil to your quiver
- Nicer layout of the settings. We will slowly continue to improve the look and feel of the complete app!
Happy surfing from all of us!
* Tidal forecasts are available through an in-app purchase
Ratings and Reviews
It was a few years back when I started seeing gps surf watches that tracked your sessions and didn’t think until now that there might just be an app for my Apple Watch. The first time I used it was pretty straight forward. You just start your session and forget about it. It was pretty cool to glance at my wrist after every wave and see how far I went or how fast I was going. Then getting out of the water and looking at the more detailed stats on my phone when I got back to my car was pretty cool, especially the map that shows the waves you caught. It can even display the waves you attempted to catch but didn’t. I’m usually in the water for about an hour on weekdays before I have to get my day started and I found myself trying to reach certain goals like 15 waves before the hour is up. Since the watch app shows it at a quick glance, it makes you want to try harder and challenge yourself. I probably won’t be wearing my watch in the water all that much because I hate getting a watch tan, but every once in a while this would be a great way to get some unique stats about your surfing.
I’ve been using this app for the past few weeks. It’s recording my waves but the distance travelled is way off. My guess is that it’s calculating distance travelled by adding the distance paddled after my last wave plus the actual distance surfed. Additionally, it’s registering way more waves than I’m actually catching. The main reason I’m using the app is to capture my speeds but due to the miscounting of waves it’s hard to see what my speeds are. The app has ways to go to catch up to the ripcurl gps watch but it’s a good start. One thing I’d like to see on the next iteration is a battery indicator, a LTE signal display, and a missed call/text count or indicator. Might as well take advantage of the Apple Watch 3 hardware. I bought the watch to specifically receive calls and messages while I’m surfing but the app does not take full advantage of these features and constantly unlocking the Digital Crown to check missed calls/texts, or battery life makes using the watch with the app more difficult. Keep going, this app has lots of utility potential.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will make a record of your feature requests and add them to our roadmap. Stay tuned on the updates. Happy surfing.
Hardware limitation? App limitation?
Overall, I like this app so the developer can keep working on accuracy issue. My only concern (yet the most important factor) is accuracy. After a session in the water, there are always multiple random moving records nearby land locations. I even don’t understand why it happens. Maybe hardware limitation(?) of not capable of keeping constant GPS signal? Also even in the water, I got some records about movement that I even didn’t try (or move a bit). I guess there are some random location hopping in general and the app considers as a ride. Finally location names are incorrect even in CA. Honestly I’m not sure these issues are completely fixable due to hardware (apple watch 3) limitation, but I hope the developer can figure out better ways in terms of software aspect.
- Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking
- 187 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Bocaxica
- In-App Purchases
- Soul Surfer (Monthly) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.