With DroneVR you can take a seat in your DJI drone and fly like a bird. DroneVR connects to your DJI drone and renders the live video stream in stereo with lens distortion correction so that it can be viewed with a virtual reality headset for your iPhone.
Important: The free version of DroneVR supports the DJI Phantom 2 vision+. If you want support for the DJI drones Spark, Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Pro, Phantom 4/Pro, Mavic Pro / Air / 2 or Inspire 1 you need to activate this functionality via In-App purchase.
* Telemetry information such as battery status, speed, height and recording status is blended into the camera image in real time.
* Head-tracking so that you can controls the orientation of your camera in realtime by moving your head ! For DJI Phantom/Mavic/Spark series head tracking is supported for camera pitch. With the DJI Inspire 1/Mavic 2 head tracking across all three axis is supported.
* Choose between two different head-up displays.
* Voice recognition to control recording and camera settings.
* Mono or stereo rendering of drone video. In stereo rendering mode advanced lens distortion compensation algorithms are supported for high quality rendering.
* Hardware accelerated video decoding for best image quality and reduced battery consumption.
* High definition video quality of 720p and 30 frames / second with Spark / Phantom 3 / 4 / Inspire 1 and up to 1080p with Mavic Pro / 2
* Spectator mode to fly together with friends
* Adjustable to different headsets.
* To use DroneVR you need one of the above listed DJI drones.
* To use DroneVR in stereo mode you need a virtual reality headset where you can mount your iPhone (e.g. Homido, FreeFly VR, Zeiss VR One, Cardboard). An high PPI iPhone with a screen size of at least 4.7 or 5.5 inch is recommended (iPhone 6 or 6plus). More information about recommended headsets can be found on our website.
* Update to latest DJI Developer Kit 1.9.1
Ratings and Reviews
Very fun app
I really enjoy this app, my only recommendation is to add a map so I can tell where I am, because sometimes you go get lost and have to trigger RTH or go to DJI Go
You should allow one flight with the additional models so this app can be tested. Also, see if you could add the Tello for kids - maybe at $1.99. Great work around for the DJI Goggles though. UPDATE: Just bought the full version hoping you’ll add Tello support.
Developer Response ,
You already can do 5 mins test flights without purchasing. Simply press the "test" button on the top right corner of the purchase view for a drone. For the Tello we will examine if the developer kit provides sufficient functionality for DroneVR.
This app works flawlessly. I fly my DJI Phantom 3 Standard at it’s maximum range and the video never breaks up. It’s great having control over the amount of information displayed.
- Appologics UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 127.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2015 Appologics
- In-App Purchases
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard $8.99
- DJI Phantom 4 $8.99
- DJI Mavic Pro $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.