With over 5 million users EpocCam is the most popular webcam app. EpocCam transforms your iOS device into webcam for Windows and macOS, completely replacing USB-webcam or integrated camera. Works with all webcam apps on computer such as Skype, Streamlabs OBS, Google Chrome and QuickTime.
EpocCam is a perfect tool for YouTubers and game streamers. It works seamlessly with popular tools like OBS Studio and XSplit Broadcaster.
Setting up EpocCam is very simple, anyone can do it. Just download drivers to your PC/Mac and you're ready to go! Connection is fully automatic, no need for manual setup. You can connect wirelessly over WiFi network or with with USB-cable. Now you can also connect using Newtek NDI® technology without installing drivers to your computer.
• High quality realtime video streaming to computer - quality comparable to most expensive USB-webcams
• Support both cameras - use device back camera for best quality and front-facing camera for easy self-portraits
• Connect wirelessly or using USB for stable connection and best video quality
• Support for Newtek NDI streaming - stream without installing drivers for your computer
• Fully replaces USB webcam or integrated webcam - works with all webcam-enabled applications
• Full Windows 10 support including Skype
• Automatic connection to computer
• Over 20 feet wireless range (depending on signal strength)
• All data is secured with strong encryption to keep your videos private
• Use the flashlight in dark environment (EpocCam HD)
• Tap to focus and autofocus modes (EpocCam HD)
• Audio support, use your phone as a wireless microphone (EpocCam HD)
• Manually choose connection between WiFi, USB and NDI (EpocCam HD)
• Manually choose video quality (EpocCam HD)
• Publish video to Syphon framework on Mac - use EpocCam as source to Isadora, Modul8, GrandVJ and other applications
• iOS device: iOS 10.3 or later
• PC running Microsoft Windows XP or newer or macOS 10.12 or later
• WiFi network or USB-connection to computer
• On Windows iTunes is required for USB-connection
Install Windows or macOS drivers from http://www.kinoni.com. See http://www.kinoni.com/epoccam_support.html for setup guide.
In case of any problems please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDI is trademark of NewTek, Inc.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but confusing
When I first got this it was very promising. Automatically detects devices and connects on the same WiFi? Awesome! You can use it anywhere within WiFi range and with pretty good quality for a free software. Of course it would’ve been nicer to have a free 720p or native phone camera resolution but I’ll take what I can get. Users should only pay for filters that they could apply, or more recording features like slow mo. The. UI is so simple that it is confusing, I would want helper messages to get my phone connected more smoothly. It took many tries and I’m sure next time I use it, it will take more repetitive tries because it isn’t predictable. All in all though a good free webcam.
At the moment, it doesn’t work. I start the app viewer on my computer and all I see is a blank white page. It doesn’t have controls on it like it shows in the video of how to setup. I’m sure once it works it is probably awesome, but at the moment, it’s worthless. I’m not computer illiterate btw. I’ve done quite a bit of writing my own computer programs, at one point using machine language. So it’s very likely not user error. I will work on it to see if I can correct the issue and get it working and post back if I do.
After uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, it magically started working. Sometimes that’s all it takes but so weird it didn’t install correctly the first time. Anyway is working perfectly now and even for lower quality video being sent over (limit being it’s the free version), it still looks great. Very impressed.
A free app thats actually free but worth paying for
This app is very promising even for a free app. it is usable it's not demo crap where The only downside is the occasional not to intrusive ad. There's a bit of a connect delay then once it's up and running it runs pretty well. The best part is you can run thit in to camtwist And have a whole lot more fun!! like a roving camera Live feeding a projector with video effects. It Has a few bugs and clerks here and there but it's my number one pick for sending video from my phone to my computer live. I haven't really used it for anything but I still feel like I want to buy it ( it would be nice if there was a sale, I find I'm impulsive purchasing in the under three dollar range). I don't know what else to say I've been looking for something like this for a long time.
- Kinoni Oy
- 42.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Kinoni
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.