ErnieApp gives you the power to transform your digital experience and better understand and manage your privacy and data, to better participate in the digital economy value creation
Discover how generous you are with data you already share, get a real time view of the state of your privacy settings on your favourite online services. Retrieve Facebook, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, Netflix, Spotify and other popular application privacy settings, quickly and easily. Finally, someone has made privacy easy for you!
Why use ErnieApp?
- Easily retrieve and view popular internet services’ privacy settings all in one place: allowing you to opt-in, opt-out, or delete the ‘data’ you have on popular digital platforms, with just one tap.
- Check how generous you are with your data without knowing it — using the ‘Openness Index’ to inform you; it shows you at a glance how much personal data you are sharing. The more you share, the higher you score on the index! You may want to change that and with the privacy settings at your fingerprint, you can do it with a click.
- Learn why it’s recommended to turn off ad block, so internet users and online businesses share the benefits of the data economy, and so everyone can enjoy a free internet.
- Discover other tips in the ErnieApp Game on how digital value is created online. You will then manage your privacy settings with a different mindset!
- Earn tokens and win prizes by using the app and playing our game. Help build the ErnieApp community by referring your friends!
Our guiding principles:
- To empower internet consumers with a more effective privacy protection and present it in a user-friendly format.
- To improve the level of fairness and transparency in the online data market.
- To push businesses to enforce GDPR to safeguard individual users’ privacy.
Join the campaign to better manage our online data! Our personal data is the most valuable asset to online businesses.
However, there are many companies that make it hard for us to properly manage how much data we share — for example, by providing over-complicated privacy policies, unclear or non-existent opt-in and opt-out options, or by failing to allow us to export or delete our data.
With the introduction of GDPR, the requirement of consent has created an opportunity for online businesses to have an improved relationship with us, their users. Currently, they obtain our consent too easily, as we opt-in without clearly and fully understanding what we are sharing and with whom, in return for free online services.
This needs to change. ErnieApp is campaigning to get online businesses to take the user’s personal data rights seriously, by making privacy functions easy to use and comprehend, and educating users on the value of their digital data.
Sign-up our petition. We request companies to implement fair and transparent privacy settings interfaces. Together we can make a difference. Find our petition here at change.org: https://bit.ly/2KysMoQ
If there are any online platforms you want ErnieApp to integrate with, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message us with your suggestions.
Learn about ErnieApp, and your privacy rights:
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- ERNIEAPP LIMITED
- 55.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Gambling and Contests
- ©2017 ErnieApp Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.